Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #6,903 of 13,350

Welcome to the club, and happy listening! 

Oh I've been in the club for a month or so I got the Valhalla 2 and the Uber Bifrost. I was just talking about my next endeavor into the audiophile world.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #6,904 of 13,350
Oh I've been in the club for a month or so I got the Valhalla 2 and the Uber Bifrost. I was just talking about my next endeavor into the audiophile world.

I love my Gungnir, even after 2 years, it's the last component I would let go.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #6,905 of 13,350
Just placed an order the other night for a Vali.  Going to stick with the Modi/Magni/Wyrd/Sys on my PC system.  Vali (and eventually Mani when it is released) will be used on my turntable.

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #6,906 of 13,350
Been a happy little schiit owner for a couple of months now. The modi+magni stack has worked well for my Hd650s, but I decided to splurge a bit and see if the Asgard 2 is worth the upgrade. Just got done comparing the Asgard 2 and the Magni, and if anything it makes me more impressed with the magni. The magni and the asgard have the same sound signature that is very obvious, the asgard 2 is more rich and detailed if anything, but the difference is pretty small. The Asgard 2 has more body to it and smoother highs for sure, it  just has more power behind it and makes the HD650's sound good at a wider range of volume, and of course can go much louder than the magni allowed it to and still sound amazing. The Magni past a certain point would just start to sound too harsh if cranked up too loud. The asgard of course has a better build quality, the volume knob is very smooth and works well when compared to the magni knob. Overall im happy with the upgrade, it has more power, and a slight increase in sound quality. 

I might have to start saving for a bifrost to replace the modi, as of right now the modi looks like a little hat for my Asgard. 
biggrin.gif

For now though, this modi+asgard2 combo is absolutely amazing. Very happy with the products schiit is putting out, this is SO good!

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #6,907 of 13,350
Yeah, I was just about to pull the trigger on an Asgard 2 to drive my HD 650's but Electromod, the UK distributor just cranked the price up to £250 which works out at $407 which is a joke.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #6,908 of 13,350
I just got the Modi/Magni combo and am very impressed with the clarity of sound and the quality of construction.  I just need to find short jumper cables now. The fat cables I have now take up more space than the units!

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #6,909 of 13,350
I just got the Modi/Magni combo and am very impressed with the clarity of sound and the quality of construction.  I just need to find short jumper cables now. The fat cables I have now take up more space than the units!

Schiit has jumper cables, called the "pyst"

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #6,911 of 13,350
  Thanks.  After checking the local sources here I was unable to find anything shorter than 3 feet, so I'll be getting the short ones from Schiit. It's surprising how much the high end cables were running for.  One pair retailed nearly as high as the Magni.

those crazy expensive cables are sucha scam (imo). hahah

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #6,912 of 13,350
Money, wish you lived near Nashville, I would love to let you AB the stock cable on the Alpha Dog versus the Norne Vanquish and HE560 versus the Draug 2, not blinded, open, so I could watch your biases crumble.

Many years ago, when young and inexperienced I let Flatearthers influence my opinions about cables and amps, then started to experience the differences, some significant others not so, and revised my opinions accordingly. Feckless idiots and garage lurkers like NWAVguy come along every decade or so, miserable, hateful jerks who thrive on conflict. Don't know if he was picked on, a bed wetter, or where his self-perception was damaged, but his type get off on nefarious, divisive hate-mongering, and Hell bent destruction of those perceived as threats, more successful, better looking, whatever triggered his phallic envy. Money, find a better Man or Woman to follow.....IMO....

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #6,913 of 13,350
Just ordered some custom handmade cable for my LCD-2 from eBay for $69.95 (not a chinese knock-off, just some guy from Wisconsin making them at home, I guess):

10 feet of Canare Mini Quad cable, 1/4" Furutech Premium connector, Neutrik mini 4pin XLR for Audeze headphones. Made with Cardas Quad solder and well reinforced joints.

I think that's reasonable price for something like that - longer, well made, better looking cable with quality components. Anything more expensive is plain ripoff, IMO. 
And of course I'm not expecting any audio miracles from it as well as any other cable 10x the price. 
wink.gif

That's not to start (yet) another cable debate... 
deadhorse.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #6,914 of 13,350
  Just ordered some custom handmade cable for my LCD-2 from eBay for $69.95 (not a chinese knock-off, just some guy from Wisconsin making them at home, I guess):

10 feet of Canare Mini Quad cable, 1/4" Furutech Premium connector, Neutrik mini 4pin XLR for Audeze headphones. Made with Cardas Quad solder and well reinforced joints.

I think that's reasonable price for something like that - longer, well made, better looking cable with quality components. Anything more expensive is plain ripoff, IMO. 
And of course I'm not expecting any audio miracles from it as well as any other cable 10x the price. 
wink.gif

That's not to start (yet) another cable debate... 
deadhorse.gif

Damn, I am itching for a good cable debate........but the horse does have a sore heine, so maybe another day......
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back