Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 26, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #6,721 of 13,350
  Oh that's all I've been doing is listening and it's amazing, I'm totally in love here.
atsmile.gif

Congrats, and enjoy!  
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #6,723 of 13,350
  Stop whinging, you can chow down on some Ras Malai while waiting.

I was expecting a response along similar lines. Thanks for not disappointing me. 
biggrin.gif

I knew not to disappoint you. Now for that Vodka Lassi.
I'm getting hungry, so I'll be heading out to an Indian Restaurant tomorrow.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #6,728 of 13,350
Thanks!!  About the only thing I don't like about Schitt gear is how bright the LED's are.  I use a product called "Dim-It", little adhesive circles & shapes of dark film, to mitigate that.  About $5 online.  Before I used a bit of post-it note or masking tape, etc, to shade the suckers down.

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #6,732 of 13,350
  Sooo the Asgard 2 gets pretty warm and i have the modi on top of it. Am I ok in this configuration?

I wouldn't do that, heat rises. My Asgard 2 sits on top of my Bifrost. Your problem is of the size difference.

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #6,734 of 13,350
 May i ask how you hook it up to your car stereo ? This sounds like an interesting set up :)

May i ask how you hook it up to your car stereo ? This sounds like an interesting set up :)

Acer Iconia W3 (Windows 8.1) >
JRiver Media Server (FLAC Library) >
Modi >
Aux. In to Lexicon 17 Speaker system

A little quirky but absolutely brilliant with ability to tweak DSP in Jriver

Next:
·        Waiting for adapter to arrive so that I can take HDMI out from tablet and audio from Modi and input via Aux. connection (Supports Ipod composite format)  so that I can mirror display on Car screen  (or maybe go with multiple monitor setup and show different view on car monitor).

Open Issues:
·     -   No optimal skin for Jriver for Tablet and car
·     -   Tablet doesn’t reliably go to Sleep when car turned off i.e. should go to sleep when power from car turned off and switching to battery.  Have tried powercfg.exe etc. to diagnose.
·     -   When resuming from sleep current song is either very garbled or sped up.  Hitting stop and play fixes but I’m sure there’s a setting somewhere I can tweak.  Buffer?

Solved Issues:
·        Tablet USB port does not provide sufficient power and would lose connection with Modi. 
o   Using Y adapter to inject 5v USB
·        Power adapter would stay on when car turned off
o   Added diode to USB power cable so no leakage back from tablet
·        Horrible alternator whine
o   All power cables need to go to one port. i.e. Can’t use the lighter outlet in dash and outlet in armrest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back