Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #6,691 of 13,350
In other news FedEx sucks for not updating their tracking information. So help me God if my headphones aren't here tomorrow I'm not responsible for my actions.
ph34r.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #6,692 of 13,350
  That's fine.  In your case you have a match of great components which apparently the tool agrees with.  In the single example I tried (the good matching of the Valhalla 2 and the HE400i that Wildcatsare1 mentions above), the tool tells me it won't work.  But it does.  I'm listening to that combo daily now, & it sounds great (from either of the low or high impedance settings, actually).  The 400i sounds better that way than other amps I have tried with it.  Schitt itself notes that the combo works, too.
So, the tool is batting zero, for me and my sample size of one.

I guess it's not the sharpest tool in the shed. So if one wants to be sure, it's up to doing legwork, the old fashioned way.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #6,696 of 13,350
  I know the feeling. I got my HD600's over the counter, no stink'in FedEx. They were on sale at J&R in NYC when they were still open and I worked across the street. 
happy_face1.gif

That's awesome, I absolutely can't wait until I hear them tomorrow.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #6,697 of 13,350
  That's awesome, I absolutely can't wait until I hear them tomorrow.

On the other hand, my HE-500's were from Amazon and came by way of an anxious 2 day prime delivery. You can get SMS Text messages from FedEx and wait impatiently like I did. Then there were DACs, Amps, IEMs.........

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #6,698 of 13,350
  On the other hand, my HE-500's were from Amazon and came by way of an anxious 2 day prime delivery. You can get SMS Text messages from FedEx and wait impatiently like I did. Then there were DACs, Amps, IEMs.........

I wish I would have ordered from Amazon but since they started charging tax I decided to go with Woo Audio and save myself some $  but yes I have a feeling this is going to be a love/hate relationship when it comes to waiting for stuff to be delivered.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #6,699 of 13,350
Yeah, waiting sucks.  I got an original Lyr off the forums a few weeks ago.  Got a great deal from a great seller, but I went out of town the day before it was delivered.  I had to wait days knowing it was sitting waiting for me back home.  It was all worth it though...listening now...
etysmile.gif

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #6,700 of 13,350
Yes I have no doubt I'll be in audiophile bliss tomorrow afternoon and then for the rest of my life.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #6,702 of 13,350
  You're gonna go mad waiting for your Schiit. Since we're talk'in Schiit, watcha ordering next?

It's only going to be a little bit longer and I've been staring at my Valhalla 2 and Bifrost since Friday evening so waiting a few more hours won't hurt......too much.

I've not really decided yet, but it's probably going to be the Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm and hopefully that will do me until I can save up for the LCD2, cables and a bigger amp.

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #6,703 of 13,350
Guys,

you need to live in a far off place like India to truly appreciate the virtue of waiting. With DHL and Fedex no issues. Its 4-6 days. With USPS, can be unto a month. So let me know if you like switching places with me. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #6,704 of 13,350
What an evil question...
evil_smiley.gif
  I know I'm not the worst, but in the last eight months, I've bought the Vali, HD650, Lyr, and a bunch of tubes...Bifrost (or another DAC) is next, then maybe Crack, then...

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #6,705 of 13,350
  Well it's not that big of a deal to me since I already know I want the LCD-2 with the Mjolnir. There's not that many more headphones on there that I want besides maybe a few Beyerdynamic ones so it's all good in the proverbial hood.
beerchug.gif

Well, I want the LCD-3F.  With Mjolnir or something else suitable.  But I don't want to have to buy both at the same time. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back