Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #6,273 of 13,350
How do you like the Valhalla + T1 combo?  I'm considering a set of T1s to go with the Valhalla 2.

Very good, I’m quite happy with this combination. In my opinion the Valhalla sounds even a little better than the Lyr, although the Lyr is more powerful and more expensive. Please note that I’m talking about first generation Valhalla and Lyr amps; don’t have any experience with the second incarnation of these amps.

Werner.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #6,274 of 13,350
What dac are you using with your T1? I have a modi but recently got the lyr version 1 that I should be getting in a couple of days to use instead of the magni. I am thinking of sticking with this setup for now. Though all of this talk of bifrost is tempting me.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #6,275 of 13,350
Very good, I’m quite happy with this combination. In my opinion the Valhalla sounds even a little better than the Lyr, although the Lyr is more powerful and more expensive. Please note that I’m talking about first generation Valhalla and Lyr amps; don’t have any experience with the second incarnation of these amps.

Werner.

Actually the Valhalla 2 has slightly more power into 300 ohm + loads than the Lyr 2. I had both, though just the Lyr 2 now due to a switch to "orthodynamic" HPs, Alpha Dog/ HE560.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #6,276 of 13,350
Probably shouldn't tell you that I was hugely pleased with Bifrost until I got the Gungnir. Bifrost went up for sale the next day.

"Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet."

Somebody should put that on a t-shirt...

And that is generally the experience. If you are looking at the Bifrost Uber, it makes sense either to spend some more or save up for the Gungnir, to me anyway. Of course there could be other considerations as well.

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #6,277 of 13,350
^^^ the debate I am having presently, my thought is to save up for the Gungnir, while keeping my eyes on the F/S threads for a great deal on either the Bifrost (finally spelling it correctly) or Gungnir.

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #6,278 of 13,350
^^^ the debate I am having presently, my thought is to save up for the Gungnir, while keeping my eyes on the F/S threads for a great deal on either the Bifrost (finally spelling it correctly) or Gungnir.

FWIW, I was in that debate as well, but decided to go with the Gungnir. It's not that much more than the Uberfrost, in the grand scheme of things, and it preps me for a balanced amp in the future (a la Ragnarok). I haven't heard the Uberfrost but the Gungnir is—by far—the best DAC I've ever heard. 

Just thought you might like a little nudge 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #6,279 of 13,350
^there you go again.......the Gungnir, she is a beauty, and would compliment the Ragnorak.......my youngest Daughter really doesn't need to go to college, she might actually enjoy the Marines, hmmmm, let me think a bit more....

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #6,280 of 13,350
Someone convince me to buy the uber analog upgrade for my Bifrost. I currently can't decide whether it will make any noticeable improvement. 

Currently using Bifrost + A2.

Headphones: AKG K240, ATH-PRO700MK2

Future Headphones: AKG K712, Grado RS1e or RS2e

Think I will notice a difference? 

Man, my wallet got shot and [size=8.181818008422852px]run over[/size] a few times since I started visiting here. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #6,282 of 13,350
  Someone convince me to buy the uber analog upgrade for my Bifrost. I currently can't decide whether it will make any noticeable improvement. 

Currently using Bifrost + A2.

Headphones: AKG K240, ATH-PRO700MK2

Future Headphones: AKG K712, Grado RS1e or RS2e

Think I will notice a difference? 

Man, my wallet got shot and [size=8.181818008422852px]run over[/size] a few times since I started visiting here. 

You will notice the difference. I had the regular Bifrost with USB. Then the analog upgrade came along and the SQ did improve to a noticeable extent (for me). Sound became deeper (more 3D) and improvement in bass extension.

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #6,283 of 13,350
^there you go again.......the Gungnir, she is a beauty, and would compliment the Ragnorak.......my youngest Daughter really doesn't need to go to college, she might actually enjoy the Marines, hmmmm, let me think a bit more....

You could also sell a kidney and skip the Gungnir and get the Yggdrasil dac to g o with the Ragnarok lol.

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #6,285 of 13,350
I now have the Mjolnir, Bifrost Uber, Magni, Vali and Modi (and previously owned the Asgard 2, Valhalla and Lyr). What the Schiit else do I need?...maybe a Gungnir to complete the circle..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back