Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #6,091 of 13,350

Valhalla 
wink.gif

I have the Valhalla 2 with the Beyerdynamic T1's they sound great together.  

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #6,092 of 13,350
How does the t1 sound? I have thought about saving up for a pair, for the t1's can be found for a cool price on Amazon sometimes. Please have a goodnight.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #6,093 of 13,350
Have you tried them with a SS amp before? How much does it warm them up?

I also need my amp to play well with everything not just Beyer's which is why I like the Asgard 2 more.

Whoa edit again!

After looking at the Schiit page for the 100th time, which makes me laugh each time, I think I will get the Valhalla 2. Maybe get the Magni for my solid-state needs? 

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #6,094 of 13,350

I also need my amp to play well with everything not just Beyer's which is why I like the Asgard 2 more.

Whoa edit again!

After looking at the Schiit page for the 100th time, which makes me laugh each time, I think I will get the Valhalla 2. Maybe get the Magni for my solid-state needs? 

It's hard to go wrong with the Magni. As Schiit says, "it may be the only amp you'll ever need". I'd imagine not many here take these words in any sort of applicable measure :p

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #6,095 of 13,350
How does the t1 sound? I have thought about saving up for a pair, for the t1's can be found for a cool price on Amazon sometimes. Please have a goodnight.

Whoa edit again!

They sound great. But the t1's have a lot of high end extension so if you don't have an amp that reproduces high frequencies in a smooth linear way they can be quite grating. This is why I got the valhalla because with the rite tubes installed it sounds just wonderful. Yes I have tried the t1's with a SS amp and frankly I didn't like the combination. Tubes all the way for me. My setup is cambridge Dacmagic 100 into valhalla 2 its a great setup. Also note that the t1's show up badly recorded or mastered material a lot. I only play uncompressed files through it and mostly hi res 24bit files.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #6,096 of 13,350
Sweet, the T1's Sound like they will be fun to hear. If I get them, I have a Lyr 2 to power them. Please have a good evening.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #6,098 of 13,350

Whoa edit again!

If you want a single amp that can work excellently with a full range of headphones, and IEM's the Lyr 2 is the choice. With its gain switch and regulated supplies it is noiseless with everything I have thrown at it from low to high impedance and efficiency.  Plus you can fine tune its character by switching out tubes.  It is a significantly better choice than Vahalla 2 + Magni IMHO. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #6,099 of 13,350
^+1 Only used the Sony XB4 with the Lyr 2, but it is very sensitive, not a whisper of noise in low gain, and a stupid good combo with my Alpha Dogs!

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #6,100 of 13,350
I've had my Magni + Modi rig for about a month now and it's pretty nice. As far as sound goes, it's an awesome value stack. My only real complaint is the volume knob on the Magni feels considerably cheaper than the big honker on my FiiO E09K. Considering they're in the same price range, I went into it expecting similar build quality.

I wish I had gotten the Vali to try instead of the Magni but they were sold as a used pair and the deal was too good to pass up on. All things considered, I think I'm better off this way since I was able to put the money I saved toward getting a pair of HE-400s to replace the pair that I sold several months ago.

I'm happy with it and will continue to use it for my desktop. The FiiO is awesome, too, but I need something to hook up to my phono preamp anyway so I'll just use it for that. I'm a sucker for the matching little stack of Schiit gear so they'll keep their spot on my desk.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #6,101 of 13,350
I have a Vali and a modi and couldn't be happier. Seems to work best with Koss dj100w.Also seems to be good with my old Yamaha hp2,I think  they are orthos. I am working my way thru my other  8 headphones to see if any are better. I may make a leap to a pair of visio hp50 in a few months.I am sure the little "SCHIIT" combo will do them justice...

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #6,102 of 13,350
im in australia so its day here but thanks anyway..
What part of Australia are you from sir? I have several friend in your fantastic country, most live in Sydney, and one lives in Tasmania. Also how goes your winter? Please have a good day.

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #6,103 of 13,350
I have a Vali and a modi and couldn't be happier. Seems to work best with Koss dj100w.Also seems to be good with my old Yamaha hp2,I think  they are orthos. I am working my way thru my other  8 headphones to see if any are better. I may make a leap to a pair of visio hp50 in a few months.I am sure the little "SCHIIT" combo will do them justice...

Don't hook up the Vali to HP50, too much background noise due to these sensitive headphone.
Been there, tried it.

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #6,104 of 13,350
Foobar> Bifrost (toslink) > Lyr w/1976 gray shields > Either AKG K712 Pros or Beyer DT770 250 ohms...and I love every waking minute I have with this setup. So solid, clear, and just mind blowingly awesome :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #6,105 of 13,350
What part of Australia are you from sir? I have several friend in your fantastic country, most live in Sydney, and one lives in Tasmania. Also how goes your winter? Please have a good day.

I am from Melbourne. Winters all good never gets that cold. It rarely gets below double digits centigrade. I was recently in Tasmania just a stunning place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back