Schiit Owners Unite
Jul 13, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #6,061 of 13,350
I am very pleased with the Wyrd!  It adds a very low noise floor and completely eliminates all stray computer sounds the LCD-2 reproduces. The combination result is a sound replication that is very clear and solvent.  The only drawback is it seems to have reduced the soundstage a little.   The Wyrd is a much appreciated addition to my LCD-2 and it complements the upgraded Uber bifrost and Lyr with EAT cool valves perfectly 

+1, the Wyrd lowers the noise floor substantially. Music rises from inky,deep, black...and that is with a Modi, Lyr 2, Alpha Dogs, cannot wait to throw a Bitfrost in that chain.

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #6,062 of 13,350
Nice Alpha Dogs!  I hear the Lyr 2 is awesome! yea the bifrost is an excellent upgrade-I highly recommend getting both the Uber upgrade and USB upgrade right from the gun if you can spare the extra coin.  

Nice to see So many Schiit-Heads talking Schiit!!!   

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #6,063 of 13,350
  I am very pleased with the Wyrd!  It adds a very low noise floor and completely eliminates all stray computer sounds the LCD-2 reproduces. The combination result is a sound replication that is very clear and solvent.  The only drawback is it seems to have reduced the soundstage a little.   The Wyrd is a much appreciated addition to my LCD-2 and it complements the upgraded Uber bifrost and Lyr with EAT cool valves perfectly 

I am a little concerned that the Wyrd can reduce the soundstage even if a little. This is your perception on the LCD-2 right?

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #6,064 of 13,350
The only thing the Wyrd could even possibly due is remove noise on the 5V line. This could help reduce noise of a poorly filtered USB Interface. Schiit implements USB well and the only thing Wyrd does for their own devices is eliminate USB power issues due to power management from the computer which causes the DAC to not work at all.

Any changes in sound are in the mind of the listener.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #6,065 of 13,350
The only thing the Wyrd could even possibly due is remove noise on the 5V line. This could help reduce noise of a poorly filtered USB Interface. Schiit implements USB well and the only thing Wyrd does for their own devices is eliminate USB power issues due to power management from the computer which causes the DAC to not work at all.

Any changes in sound are in the mind of the listener.

Not exactly, a reduction in noise floor greatly improves the "sound", no?

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #6,066 of 13,350
Not exactly, a reduction in noise floor greatly improves the "sound", no?

That if the noise floor was audible to start with... And even then I doubt its impact on perceived audio quality is that great.

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #6,067 of 13,350
That if the noise floor was audible to start with... And even then I doubt its impact on perceived audio quality is that great.

Have you heard a Wyrd in your system? I heard the difference with marginally resolving HD650's, clear as day with the Alpha Dogs. A question, you roll tubes, no? Why do tubes have unique sonic signatures?

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #6,068 of 13,350
Jul 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #6,069 of 13,350
^^^✌️Let's all just get along, lol......

Jul 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #6,070 of 13,350
^At the moment Townes Van Zandt is singing so sweetly at the Old Quarter in Houston Texas, 1973, so I am inclined to put fussing and debating aside, at the present moment :beers:.

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #6,071 of 13,350
Have you heard a Wyrd in your system? I heard the difference with marginally resolving HD650's, clear as day with the Alpha Dogs. A question, you roll tubes, no? Why do tubes have unique sonic signatures?

Never doubt the power of the human imagination. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #6,073 of 13,350
yes, I felt that the soundstage was noticeably reduced. This is using the 2ed version LCD-2 with a Moon Audio silver dragon V3 signature cable from the headphones to the Lyr, ESP power cables and Nordost White Lightning RCA interconnects.  

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #6,074 of 13,350
  yes, I felt that the soundstage was noticeably reduced. This is using the 2ed version LCD-2 with a Moon Audio silver dragon V3 signature cable from the headphones to the Lyr, ESP power cables and Nordost White Lightning RCA interconnects.  

How does an ESP power cable actually improve the workings of a Lyr? Certainly it can be more durable and have a nicer appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back