Schiit Owners Unite
May 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5,251 of 13,350

Does anybody here have a working Lry with an EU plug, or any other Schiit product with an EU plug?

I assume this is posed as a general question to all Headfiers.  I live in India where the voltage is 220V and I order my equipment from Schiit with the EU plug. I do add an adapter to the plug when I use it. Yes, I have a Lyr which has been working for more than a year now.

Regards

May 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #5,252 of 13,350
  I got Asgard 1 with t'1 which the amp power just good enough, should i anyway think about upgrading to lyr? 

Even more important, did you have an Asgard 1 with the ouput delay relay? If not I believe they can fix that for you, probably for free.
Keep in mind that the sound signature of the Asgard and Lyr are very different, SS vs, Tubes. What do you prefer?

May 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #5,253 of 13,350
That's just crap! Who says Point to Point Wiring is better that PCB? You?! The only reason why PTP is expensive is because of the time and labor needed to construct or build the amp and is always heavier. PCB's on the other hand are easier to build and cheaper, a well constructed PCB can sound just as good or better like in the case of the WA3 vs. Valhalla... the latter absolutely blows the WA3 out of the water regardless of price and construction! We all have the psychological mindset that when we buy something it will naturally sound better, but that is not always the case.

May 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #5,254 of 13,350
  That's just crap! Who says Point to Point Wiring is better that PCB? You?! The only reason why PTP is expensive is because of the time and labor needed to construct or build the amp and is always heavier. PCB's on the other hand are easier to build and cheaper, a well constructed PCB can sound just as good or better like in the case of the WA3 vs. Valhalla... the latter absolutely blows the WA3 out of the water regardless of price and construction! We all have the psychological mindset that when we buy something it will naturally sound better, but that is not always the case.

Who were you responding to?

May 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #5,258 of 13,350
I'm thinking of switching the Musical Fidelity V-DAC on my big rig to a Gungnir with a fully balanced connection (my pre/power amps have XLR balanced inputs, but I'm using unbalanced RCA inputs now with a V-DAC). Does it make much sense? Would I notice any difference at all? :)

May 12, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #5,259 of 13,350
Dangerous question to ask bout balanced... can sometimes be as taboo as the cable bit. Personally, if you can, I would take advantage of Schiit's 15-day money back guarantee, then you can let your ears decide
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #5,260 of 13,350
  Dangerous question to ask bout balanced... can sometimes be as taboo as the cable bit. Personally, if you can, I would take advantage of Schiit's 15-day money back guarantee, then you can let your ears decide
biggrin.gif

Well, I guess the main question was... would I notice a difference between V-DAC and Gungnir. I realize I wouldn't hear much difference from the input type alone.. :)

May 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #5,262 of 13,350
  I think you are the only one who can state whether or not you will hear a difference.

That's true.. I'm just looking for a reason to buy myself a new toy. 
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #5,264 of 13,350
  Since when do you need a reason? OK, you want a reason, "Because." That works for me. 
blink.gif

To hell with a reason.. Ka-ching.. *wife screams*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back