Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Sep 27, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #3,256 of 3,541
Sep 27, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,257 of 3,541
MJOLNIR 2!  I hope they keep the same enclosure as mjolnir.  Do you think they will add speaker capability to it?

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #3,260 of 3,541
  Found nothing about a "Mjolnir 2" on the website.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but with how the Raganrok was handled, I think he's going to be pretty tight fisted until he's almost ready to release the thing in it's final form.

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #3,261 of 3,541
This will be an unpopular opinion, but with how the Raganrok was handled, I think he's going to be pretty tight fisted until he's almost ready to release the thing in it's final form.

I agree the mjolnir 2 will lot be announced until it's ready. I hope it's ready at RMAF, but it could be more towards the Holliday season.

Sep 28, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #3,262 of 3,541
What are you guys talking about. Ragnarok mk II v 1.3 drops during the first full moon of November. 

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,265 of 3,541
I have read some posts about LCD XC + Schiit Mjolnir being bright. Well I just got the Mj few days back & it pairs very well with the XC. I do not detect any brightness, infact the XC treble is perfect for me now (just for people to know where I am coming from - I love the HD 800 & T1 treble and find the LCD 3's a bit dark). Very dynamic sound with decent sound stage, the WA22 will give  a better sound stage but I prefer the treble on the MJ. Am using a Yulong bal Dac.

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #3,266 of 3,541
I wouldn't try a grado with the mjolnir :D

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #3,267 of 3,541
I would look at MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs for a reasonably priced set of can. The Alpha dogs sound great as well as isolate you from outside distractions.

I just picked up a pair of the Alpha Dogs. They do not come close to the sound stage of the LCD 2's unless I really EQ the heck out of them through JRiver. Then, they sound really good. If you aren't EQ'ing I wouldn't suggest these at all

The balanced AKG K545's I picked up sound much better than the Alpha Dogs IMHO on the Schitt without much tweaking but the Alpha Dogs are super comfy!

What to do....just listed the Alpha Dogs for sale but they are growing on me :) Any other suggestions for closed cans?

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #3,268 of 3,541
We all hear differently, it seems.  I find the Alpha Dog to be an excellent complement to my LCD2.2 through the Mjolnir.

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #3,269 of 3,541
I just picked up a pair of the Alpha Dogs. They do not come close to the sound stage of the LCD 2's unless I really EQ the heck out of them through JRiver. Then, they sound really good. If you aren't EQ'ing I wouldn't suggest these at all

The balanced AKG K545's I picked up sound much better than the Alpha Dogs IMHO on the Schitt without much tweaking but the Alpha Dogs are super comfy!

What to do....just listed the Alpha Dogs for sale but they are growing on me :) Any other suggestions for closed cans?

I am sorry the alpha dogs did not workout for you, we all hear differently. I shall continue to recommend the alpha dogs to people and I feel the alpha dogs compliment great open backed headphones such as the HE-560's, 400i's, or audeeze's. My next to purchases will be the Ragnarok and a gungnir dac (will get Yggdrasil sometime too), I just must he the AD'S on a balanced system. I truly hope your balanced akg m545's, through your fantastic schiit combo, puts a smile on your face as you jam out.

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #3,270 of 3,541
What are you using for a DAC Reddog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back