Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Sep 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,171 of 3,541
It's a bit hard to go through all the pages of waiting and then the actual impressions so I was wondering how people felt the SE input of the amp is compared to the balanced. I've been thinking about getting the amp but I don't have balanced out on my dac and don't really want to get a balanced dac and have two separate systems.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #1,174 of 3,541
Quote:
I was on the pre-order list and have order#2408.
I am couroius, were did you hear shipping would begin on Friday?
I have not recieved any updates from Schiit regarding ship dates.

I am order #2406. I asked Jason directly. I was expecting shipping earlier this week, which didn't happen.
So I wanted to change my shipping to overnight and Jason said shipping begins Friday.

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #1,175 of 3,541
Quote:
Indistinguishable with the W4S DAC-2, as expected with a differential input.

That's good to hear. I do have a pretty good dac and would be a shame to have to invest in another dac although that may happen eventually but that's another story. I guess buying one to compare the V200 and the Mjolnir amp would be pretty fun.

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,176 of 3,541
Quote:

That's good to hear. I do have a pretty good dac and would be a shame to have to invest in another dac although that may happen eventually but that's another story. I guess buying one to compare the V200 and the Mjolnir amp would be pretty fun.

Sounds like a hobby to me!

biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #1,178 of 3,541
Quote:

If you search this thread for "single ended" you get a bunch of differing opinions.

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #1,179 of 3,541
Quote:
Is there any other feedback on the Mjolnir? Or is everyone waiting to test it with their Gungnir before posting again?
I am very interested in hearing more reviews on the Mjolnir + LCD2 so please share.

Mjolnir + LCD2 is an excellent combo and must be heard.

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,180 of 3,541
Got mine a few days ago..I do not have the Gungnir..currently using the bifrost.,& Lcd-2's,plus my new pair of He-6's.

All I can say,it is the most dynamic,strong,clear,detailed sound,,I could have imagined,or hoped for.
Simply amazing..
One of the strongest points is the bass,much deeper,that what I had from the Lyr.
Most of my music files are ..acoustic guitar,some rock,and mild jazz..all come through perfectly.

With the mjolnir,you hear details in the music,you never heard before,for example...people in the audience,coughing,musician,sliding their fingers across the fret board,musicians,inhaling & exhaling,while they perform...that kind of detail & clarity.
It is like siting in the front.. row of a concert hall.
It is  definetly a,night & day experience.

I really loved my,Lyr/bifrost combo,& I was undecided about upgrading,but,man I'm glad I did.
I will miss the lyr,& all 35 pairs of tubes ,but sold most of them & glad I did

I e-mailed Jason at Schiit,to tell him my impressions ,& to thank him,and ask him a few questions about the Gungnir;
He wrote back,:
  "Gungnir is a gigantic step up from Bifrost--I think you'd be very surprised how big a step up."
So,guess what my next purchase will be?

Anyone ,on the fence about the mjolnir...don't hesitate..just get it...it is one hell of an amp..
This amp ,will take you into audio heaven.the best upgrade ,I've made so far..

Mike

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #1,181 of 3,541
Have tried the Mjolnir with LCD-2, LCD-3, HE-6 and HE-500. What I hear is beyond what I expected - except for one thing. And, that one thing was a thing that the pirate kitten said back in this thread; the depth in the music is not that good with Mjolnir. The width and the rest are however stamped "Approved".

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,182 of 3,541
Quote:

If you search this thread for "single ended" you get a bunch of differing opinions.

I'll find out soon enough. If all else fails I'll just get a balanced dac and keep my current one. A matching gungnir dac with this amp would look pretty nice :) I'm probably selling the amp I have eventually so going to order this one and compare before that happens. Schiit does have that 15 day return policy so no worries here.

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #1,183 of 3,541
If you are happy with SE - why crave for XLR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back