Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Sep 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #1,156 of 3,541
Speaking of, if you are done I need to get that back soon. Will have my Mjolnir shipping with the Gungnir I ordered shipping out next week. Only have 15 days to decide on the Mjolnir.

Curious to find if it has changed. I don't see how its possible having run it for around 500 hours, but we'll see.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #1,158 of 3,541
Quote:
Speaking of, if you are done I need to get that back soon. Will have my Mjolnir shipping with the Gungnir I ordered shipping out next week. Only have 15 days to decide on the Mjolnir.
Curious to find if it has changed. I don't see how its possible having run it for around 500 hours, but we'll see.

I don't think that I am at the 200 hours of use with the BHA-1 yet.

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,159 of 3,541
Thanks Purrin! Been doing ok with the UERM/WA6, but starting to miss the good stuff :xf_eek:

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #1,160 of 3,541
Quote:
It got shipped back yesterday fully insured via USPS. Let us know if we broke it.

Oh, but you never got my mailing address  
confused.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #1,161 of 3,541
Quote:
Oh, but you never got my mailing address  
confused.gif

Oh we did.  Don't worry, it's just white powder.  
tongue.gif

Chris, it's Priority, thought I pm'd u?

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,162 of 3,541
Has anyone tried the K1000s with the Mjolnir?

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #1,164 of 3,541
Quote:
I have been running the Mjolnir and BA side-by-side for the past four days. The BA kicks the Mjolnir's ass (as it should), but yet I find the Mjolnir, all technicalities aside, very satisfying with its ability to suck me into the music. And this is coming from someone who doesn't listen to solid-state amps (I found them mostly flat and boring sounding). So the Mjolnir's gotta be doing something right (this coming from my completely unreliable subject-to-whatever-whims-or-moods subjective side).  

I'm curious as to why you would consider selling your BA and replacing it with the Mjolnir when you consider the BA the superior amp?

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #1,165 of 3,541
I mainly listen to my electrostatics now, so I rarely listen to my dynamic headphones. And when I do, it's usually when I'm travelling or helping others tweak and/or measure their headphones.

Also, I need a preamp in the living room. BA in the living does not make a good preamp with young kids around the house.

But you are right, every time I hear the BA, I do not want to sell it. That is why I still have it. I know I'll eventually let it go.

Sep 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #1,166 of 3,541
Ah, that's definitely understandable.  I find I get too attached to gear that has truly made my happy to ever sell it, even if I can't find a near-term use for it.  But then again the BA is expensive........ no point tying up all that value if it isn't being used.

I wish I knew what the BA sounded like, it would make a great point of reference.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #1,170 of 3,541
Gungnirs ship Friday, so there should be more feedback by next week. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back