Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jun 25, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #2,133 of 6,930
Digital EQ? Yuck....I'll take analog , please!

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #2,134 of 6,930
Digital EQ? Yuck....I'll take analog , please!

Heaven forfend someone try to process the digital signal with some kind of Manhattan Project or something...

I find tube rolling best for finding the utmost transparency. For coloration, it is so much more fiddly (and expensive!) than Sonarworks & Co, so much less adjustable, reproducible, etc. — it is for those who enjoy the fiddliness of it as a hobby as one might enjoy the "ceremony" of vinyl etc.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #2,135 of 6,930
Hey all,
upgraded from Grado RS2e to Audeze LCD-2 (fazor), and... I really like Gradio more... Sad, but true.
I'm thinking maybe my Feliks Audio Espressivo headphone amp is not capable driving Audeze's properly. And always had crush on Schiit stuff. But I live in Lithuania, so there is no way I could listen Schiit Mjolnir2 before buying. But this forums says it's pretty good pair with Audeze, yes?

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #2,136 of 6,930
Hey all,
upgraded from Grado RS2e to Audeze LCD-2 (fazor), and... I really like Gradio more... Sad, but true.
I'm thinking maybe my Feliks Audio Espressivo headphone amp is not capable driving Audeze's properly. And always had crush on Schiit stuff. But I live in Lithuania, so there is no way I could listen Schiit Mjolnir2 before buying. But this forums says it's pretty good pair with Audeze, yes?

I have the LCD 2s and they sound awesome with this amp.

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #2,137 of 6,930
Does anyone have any experience with ZMF Eikon on MJ2 / GMB ? Also which tubes might be best for the Eikon ? ... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #2,138 of 6,930
Hi everyone !
I bought a MJ2 used a couple mounth ago. I used it for my LCD-X plugged on the XLR output with no problem during hours ! One day, I sent my LCD-X for upgrade to the store so I used my "old" PS500 on the jack output... Unfortunatly, there was some hissing in the sound from time to time. I like, damn it, my PS500 is broken ! So I plugged in my SR125i ==> Same thing.
As a source, I am using a PC > USB PYST > WYRD > USB PYST > Gumby > XLR PYST > MJ2. I tried to plug my phone on the RCA imput of the MJ2 ==> same thing.
My LCDx came back from servicing so I tried it on the jack output of the MJ2 ==> I still have the problem.

I also tried 3 different pairs of tubes (including some brand new ones) and the LSST. Same problem, always and only on the jack output. So I sent my MJ2 for servicing to the European dealer and he told me that everything is fine with my amplifier.

I don't understand what the problem can be if it doesn't come from the amplifier. Any idea ? By the way, did anyone experiment the same thing ?

Thank you all !

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #2,139 of 6,930
If it's good with XLR, and always there with SE jack, with all your headphones and tubes, I would clean the SE jack first, and if still no change, I would call the Euro service dealer again and ask if he checked the SE jack because you are still having the same problem.
Doesn't sound like a power issue since the XLR is good, but I would still try different locations, direct to the wall socket. Disconnect everything and just use a simple line out feed from your phone again.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #2,140 of 6,930
The dealer still has it right now and, so far, did not find any issue with the jack. That is so odd... The only one thing they found is a foot that is shorter than the 3 other one. Which is true, I sent it also for this problem... But that is not the main concern...
I hope they will experiment the sonic problem this week as they won't send it back until next monday.

Aug 14, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,141 of 6,930
Hey, i have own MJ2 about 3 month and this amp is a beast in good way. I just love it. Gungnir mb is coming next. I have question about tubes. Do these 6N23 work straight or do i need adaptors or something? Can you suggest some "warm" sound tubes?
My headphones are HD 600. Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,142 of 6,930
I love the iFi NOS 6922 nice balanced sound and not as hot as other tubes.

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #2,143 of 6,930
Many have said that those Ifi are nice but i can´t get them in EU and if i buy in America post cost like 50€ what i have looked.
I don´t like to spend more than 200€ for tubes. I mean tubes not post :p

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #2,144 of 6,930
Aug 14, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #2,145 of 6,930
Hi everyone !
I bought a MJ2 used a couple mounth ago. I used it for my LCD-X plugged on the XLR output with no problem during hours ! One day, I sent my LCD-X for upgrade to the store so I used my "old" PS500 on the jack output... Unfortunatly, there was some hissing in the sound from time to time. I like, damn it, my PS500 is broken ! So I plugged in my SR125i ==> Same thing.
As a source, I am using a PC > USB PYST > WYRD > USB PYST > Gumby > XLR PYST > MJ2. I tried to plug my phone on the RCA imput of the MJ2 ==> same thing.
My LCDx came back from servicing so I tried it on the jack output of the MJ2 ==> I still have the problem.

I also tried 3 different pairs of tubes (including some brand new ones) and the LSST. Same problem, always and only on the jack output. So I sent my MJ2 for servicing to the European dealer and he told me that everything is fine with my amplifier.

I don't understand what the problem can be if it doesn't come from the amplifier. Any idea ? By the way, did anyone experiment the same thing ?

Thank you all !

Hi, Sad to read of your problem.. As other fellow Schiit travelers have already noted, it sure sounds like the phono jack is the issue. Have you consulted with the Nick at Schiit? He is usually helpful, though brief. He can be reached at tech at schiit dot com....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back