Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
Mar 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,473 of 2,252
I feel you bro, I ordered mine last Tuesday the 12th and I received my tracking number today

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,477 of 2,252
Went ahead and purchased the M&M and will give it a shot. Given how inexpensive they are (relatively speaking and in relation to their rave reviews), I figure that it can't hurt.

Does anybody know if the M&M stack comes with the cables necessary to connect the DAC to the Amp?

Thanks!

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,479 of 2,252
Went ahead and purchased the M&M and will give it a shot. Given how inexpensive they are (relatively speaking and in relation to their rave reviews), I figure that it can't hurt.

Does anybody know if the M&M stack comes with the cables necessary to connect the DAC to the Amp?

Thanks!

Nope. Gotta supply all your own cables (RCA & USB). And with a regular cheapo USB A-to-B cable, I got quite a bit of static / popping noise coming through from the PC. Thankfully, a ferrite bead quickly took care of that.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,482 of 2,252
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, it seems like they're out of stock for now. Do you have any other recommendations for a similar cable?

Also, it seems like the O2/ODAC and M&M are pretty comparable in quality. However, adding together the difference in shipping costs and the need for a high quality cable, and the two come pretty close in costs. :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,483 of 2,252
I purchased the USB and RCA cables from monoprice

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #1,484 of 2,252
I would recommend monoprice as well. I don't want to undermine Jason but aside from being separated, the pyst cables look like nothing special.

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #1,485 of 2,252
Quote:
I would recommend monoprice as well. I don't want to undermine Jason but aside from being separated, the pyst cables look like nothing special.

You're not undermining us at all. I'm honestly surprised how many people buy PYST--they are good solid cables, but the main distinguishing factor is that they are short, so they're good for stacking our gear. That's really all there is to it. You won't be transported into audio nirvana if you buy them. And they can "levitate" the Modi, since they're relatively thick.

Monoprice is perfectly fine for cables--heck, we use them, and recommend them, all the time--but to be honest, I wish they'd make interconnects like their 3.5mm to dual RCA adapters (the white ones), with less rigid cabling.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back