Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 21, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #20,836 of 23,494
ya bc, but how did all those grits and chitlins get stuck on the PCB board? :upside_down: and don't tell us it was "Gravity's" fault!

Was just tryin' to get a particular flavor on those tubes. Chitlins really help take the edge off a tube with aggressive treble, and the grits, well that was just from having too much on the fork and some fell off. Next time I'll wear a bib. :stuck_out_tongue:

wow, Ive never actually known of an AudioDharma OWNER before. "Those with the most toys win!". a-:ok_hand: with me

The Audiodharma works great with interconnects, speaker cables, power cords, but the real eye opener was giving my headphone cable a few days on it. Had to make an adapter for the Aeon cable, but I'll never listen to an 'uncooked' headphone cable again. Serious improvement.

Adapter.jpg

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #20,838 of 23,494
I beg to differ. Your use of a dremel and pry-bar to open the case definitely voided the warranty. :rolling_eyes:

(Ooops. I wasn't supposed to reveal that either, was I??)

Happy Easter!!

The Dremel and the pry bar were just for adding some 'vintage' character. A plasma torch was much more effective at getting the top off. If you're careful, destruction of the internal components is kept to a minimum.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #20,839 of 23,494
WTH -- I bought one. 1 left (or so they say).

BTW -- offer of $20 was quickly accepted, so you might want to try $15. :wink:

Cool, Got the yellow one for $20.
A good start, but ideally looking for something that will pull up from the bottom rather than place horizontal pressure against 70 yo glass.
The Lyr n Mj2 both leave little to no room to work around the tube and get below it unless that grey cage can be removed.
Anybody doing that?? (warranty or not:relieved:)

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #20,840 of 23,494
Cool, Got the yellow one for $20.
A good start, but ideally looking for something that will pull up from the bottom rather than place horizontal pressure against 70 yo glass.
The Lyr n Mj2 both leave little to no room to work around the tube and get below it unless that grey cage can be removed.
Anybody doing that?? (warranty or not:relieved:)
The Schiit amps have far more more then my LP. This a has a very small clearance. Your talking millimetres vs inches.

Apr 21, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #20,841 of 23,494
The Schiit amps have far more more then my LP. This a has a very small clearance. Your talking millimetres vs inches.
Yep, and it looks like there is no way to get more room around the tube in order to get under it.
Apparently the darker grey metal grid that surrounds the tubes is a whole plate not just a small square of it,
As seen in the educational video :projector: :slight_smile:
(For Lyr and Mjolnir)

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #20,842 of 23,494
Oops
Thought I was in PM, hope nobody saw my credit card info.

It was declined on the 3rd transaction. Perhaps it was the BangyBang order that flagged it.

:slight_smile:

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #20,843 of 23,494
Did anyone get the 3-digit number from the back of the card? I'm trying to setup TK16's CC as my Paypal preferred payment method so I can buy all his tubes. PM me if you got it.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #20,847 of 23,494
Wasn't someone looking for some closed back warmish cans?

On Massdrop and closing in 35 minutes!
Massdrop x MrSpeakers Ether CX Closed Headphones
bookmark_border
$900.00

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mrspeakers-ether-cx-closed-headphones[/SIZE]

Man, I would love to have a second pair of cans: some nice Planars

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TK16 Thanks for the quad of matched A2900. :wink:
Where's the emoticon for jealous as a mudder flukker????!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::dizzy_face::alien:
Unless that was some kind of a SICK joke :neutral_face:

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #20,850 of 23,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back