Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,826 of 23,494
^is the recreational stuff on the Ballot in VA?!? I highly recommend rolling some Flag Pond Green if get down to upper East TN :smoking:. JK of course......

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #3,827 of 23,494
^is the recreational stuff on the Ballot in VA?!? I highly recommend rolling some Flag Pond Green if get down to upper East TN :smoking:. JK of course......

LOL, no, don't think so.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.  It is in DC, IIRC.

Of course 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #3,828 of 23,494
LOL, no, don't think so.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.  It is in DC

Of course :wink:

OMG, I would love to see crazy uncle Joe (Biden) stoned, he is soooo bloody funny!

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #3,829 of 23,494
Nov 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #3,830 of 23,494
How does one go about changing the tubes in a Lyr 2?

Also I am looking for suggestions on a tube upgrade from the stock Lyr 2 - looking for something with great detail soundstage and airiness but with a nice strong low end if that's possible.....

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #3,831 of 23,494
If I'm not mistaken, the Lyr 2 isn't quite as amenable to tube rolling. Not sure the details. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #3,832 of 23,494
How does one go about changing the tubes in a Lyr 2?

Also I am looking for suggestions on a tube upgrade from the stock Lyr 2 - looking for something with great detail soundstage and airiness but with a nice strong low end if that's possible.....

If you are on a budget try gold lions they boost the bass a tad without leaking n g into the mids, and the soundstage is a bit larger and more holographic. If you have the money get some Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes, which are fantastic or look for Russian tubes. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this amazing forum and they can help you in your quest to find the right tube for you. Also I am sorry for your wallet, for tube rolling can be addictive and can drain a wallet faster than a girlfriend.:)

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3,833 of 23,494
If I'm not mistaken, the Lyr 2 isn't quite as amenable to tube rolling. Not sure the details. 
you call roll tubes, in the lyr2, just for some, the tubes are hard to pull out so people get socket/ tube extenders, which make it easier to extract the tubes.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #3,834 of 23,494
If you are on a budget try gold lions they boost the bass a tad without leaking n g into the mids, and the soundstage is a bit larger and more holographic. If you have the money get some Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes, which are fantastic or look for Russian tubes. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this amazing forum and they can help you in your quest to find the right tube for you. Also I am sorry for your wallet, for tube rolling can be addictive and can drain a wallet faster than a girlfriend.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Telefunken E88CC/692 tubes look pretty nice.  What is their sound signature like? If you could give your best shot at describing how they sound compared to the stock Lyr 2 tubes that would be greatly appreciated reddog. 

Also, is there somewhere I can look that has all of the information and instructions on how to replace the tubes?  Would it be in the owner's manual or even in this thread somewhere? (I haven't received the unit yet)

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #3,835 of 23,494
you call roll tubes, in the lyr2, just for some, the tubes are hard to pull out so people get socket/ tube extenders, which make it easier to extract the tubes.

Really? That's it? Well heck, the Lyr 1 has that problem as well. Heck with it! Roll on, kids, roll on!

1977 Voskhod Grays treating me like a king currently. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #3,836 of 23,494
The Telefunken E88CC/692 tubes look pretty nice.  What is their sound signature like? If you could give your best shot at describing how they sound compared to the stock Lyr 2 tubes that would be greatly appreciated reddog. 

The Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes, compared to the stock tubes in the lyr 2, has really nice bass, the mids open up, become more detailed, smoother and lush sounding, the highs sound great, no sibilance. To me the stock tubes are you average scotch blend, the gold lions are a 10 year old single malt scotch and the Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes represent a 40 to 50 year old fine single malt scotch, that keeps getting better and better through use. I especially loved the Telefunken tubes, when I had the HE-400i demo set( which I still wish I had).

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #3,837 of 23,494
Really? That's it? Well heck, the Lyr 1 has that problem as well. Heck with it! Roll on, kids, roll on!

I hear the voskkhod tubes are bloody nice. I need to break down and get myself a pair.

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #3,838 of 23,494

You can't use certain tubes in the Lyr 2 that you can use in the Lyr.  6N1P is one type.  I think it has to do with the heater current (? LOL, I suck at electronics).

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3,839 of 23,494

You can't use certain tubes in the Lyr 2 that you can use in the Lyr.  6N1P is one type.  I think it has to do with the heater current (? LOL, I suck at electronics).

yep, heater current, (i suck at electronics too) i believe gibosi had that info 

Users who are viewing this thread

• GSI
Back