1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. bcowen
    Word on the street is that @TK16 bought the entire remaining supply of GE's on the planet. I think he's busy sorting, testing and grading them (10 point scale: 1=super sucky to 10=normal sucky), and when he gets done he's going to pair them up in empty 256GB Galaxy tablet boxes and put 'em on Ebay for 100x the purchase price. Brilliant, really. Wish I'd thought of it. Be interesting to see how many hundreds he keeps for his personal prized stash... :slight_smile:

Strat1117 and TK16 like this.
  2. Strat1117
    Once you corner a tube market, you don’t send them to an alternate universe; you write a review saying they’re the best thing ever and then lean back and watch the money roll in....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  3. Ripper2860
    Don't tell anyone, but I think it was actually Bangybang's attorneys. Shhhh. :wink:

bcowen and OldSkool like this.
  4. bcowen
    Reminds me of a little story about some particular Sylvania 6SN7's that someone nicknamed "Bad Boys. " :slight_smile:

When it comes to GE's though, they *should* be sent to an alternate universe....

Strat1117, Paladin79 and Wes S like this.
  5. Paladin79
    It could be done with Frankies but then @bcowen might have to turn loose of a few of them to start the frenzy.:ksc75smile:

bcowen likes this.
  6. Wes S
    Anyone have a good roll lately? Things have been pretty quite around here. I am still rocking the BB D getters, but I am getting the itch to roll again. . .

bcowen likes this.
  7. TK16
    Had my gear off mostly last few weeks. First time ever. Usually just left everything running 24/7. Too much pain to enjoy the sound right now. Just leaving the Gumby powered on as it takes quite a few hours of after a cold start to sound it's best.

bcowen likes this.
  8. Strat1117
    I got and tried the LISST solid state tubes. Neither extraordinarily good nor extraordinarily bad in my Lyr 1 driving my HD600s. I could live with them in a pinch, but they are not really contenders for best sound. I’m still in love with the gold pin Siemens e88cc.

bcowen likes this.
  9. bcowen
    Ooops. Forgot about that one. :grimacing: But just for the record, I had nothing to do with the Bad Boy thing. I didn’t even know what a tube was back then, except for my father consistently telling me you couldn’t put toothpaste back in the tube. :frowning2:

Paladin79 likes this.
  10. bcowen
    I had a Holland made ECC40 delivered today. Unfortunately it will be another couple weeks before the adapter arrives, then another week for me to determine if it’s any good. If it isn’t, I’ll let everyone know. If it’s awesome, then it’ll be at least a month before I say anything while I stash up. :laughing:

Wes S, Mr Trev and Paladin79 like this.
  11. Paladin79
    I just stated you named a tube Frankie, as I did Naughty Girls, not to be outdone. Mine come in pairs, I believe if you see one, you have seen them both. :ksc75smile:

bcowen likes this.
  12. Mr Trev
    Any more info on the tube?… Been liking the couple have right now…

bcowen likes this.
  13. Wes S
    Welcome back! I know all about the Gumby, and it definitely sounds best, after a couple of days running.

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  14. Wes S
    Cool! That's one tube I have not heard of.

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  15. bcowen
    Would seem they're in bed together. :stuck_out_tongue: