Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #22,666 of 23,494
Wow...9 days, no posts?

Did GE's attorneys manage to lock this thread? :wink:

Word on the street is that @TK16 bought the entire remaining supply of GE's on the planet. I think he's busy sorting, testing and grading them (10 point scale: 1=super sucky to 10=normal sucky), and when he gets done he's going to pair them up in empty 256GB Galaxy tablet boxes and put 'em on Ebay for 100x the purchase price. Brilliant, really. Wish I'd thought of it. Be interesting to see how many hundreds he keeps for his personal prized stash... :slight_smile:

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #22,667 of 23,494
Word on the street is that @TK16 bought the entire remaining supply of GE's on the planet. I think he's busy sorting, testing and grading them (10 point scale: 1=super sucky to 10=normal sucky), and when he gets done he's going to pair them up in empty 256GB Galaxy tablet boxes and put 'em on Ebay for 100x the purchase price. Brilliant, really. Wish I'd thought of it. Be interesting to see how many hundreds he keeps for his personal prized stash... :slight_smile:

Once you corner a tube market, you don’t send them to an alternate universe; you write a review saying they’re the best thing ever and then lean back and watch the money roll in....

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #22,668 of 23,494
Wow...9 days, no posts?

Did GE's attorneys manage to lock this thread? :wink:

Don't tell anyone, but I think it was actually Bangybang's attorneys. Shhhh. :wink:

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #22,669 of 23,494
Once you corner a tube market, you don’t send them to an alternate universe; you write a review saying they’re the best thing ever and them lean back and watch the money roll in....

Reminds me of a little story about some particular Sylvania 6SN7's that someone nicknamed "Bad Boys. " :slight_smile:

When it comes to GE's though, they *should* be sent to an alternate universe....

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #22,670 of 23,494
Reminds me of a little story about some particular Sylvania 6SN7's that someone nicknamed "Bad Boys. " :slight_smile:

When it comes to GE's though, they *should* be sent to an alternate universe....
It could be done with Frankies but then @bcowen might have to turn loose of a few of them to start the frenzy.:ksc75smile:

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #22,671 of 23,494
Anyone have a good roll lately? Things have been pretty quite around here. I am still rocking the BB D getters, but I am getting the itch to roll again. . .

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #22,672 of 23,494
Anyone have a good roll lately? Things have been pretty quite around here. I am still rocking the BB D getters, but I am getting the itch to roll again. . .
Had my gear off mostly last few weeks. First time ever. Usually just left everything running 24/7. Too much pain to enjoy the sound right now. Just leaving the Gumby powered on as it takes quite a few hours of after a cold start to sound it's best.

Oct 25, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #22,673 of 23,494

I got and tried the LISST solid state tubes. Neither extraordinarily good nor extraordinarily bad in my Lyr 1 driving my HD600s. I could live with them in a pinch, but they are not really contenders for best sound. I’m still in love with the gold pin Siemens e88cc.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #22,674 of 23,494
It could be done with Frankies but then @bcowen might have to turn loose of a few of them to start the frenzy.:ksc75smile:

Ooops. Forgot about that one. :grimacing: But just for the record, I had nothing to do with the Bad Boy thing. I didn’t even know what a tube was back then, except for my father consistently telling me you couldn’t put toothpaste back in the tube. :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #22,675 of 23,494

I had a Holland made ECC40 delivered today. Unfortunately it will be another couple weeks before the adapter arrives, then another week for me to determine if it’s any good. If it isn’t, I’ll let everyone know. If it’s awesome, then it’ll be at least a month before I say anything while I stash up. :laughing:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #22,676 of 23,494
Ooops. Forgot about that one. :grimacing: But just for the record, I had nothing to do with the Bad Boy thing. I didn’t even know what a tube was back then, except for my father consistently telling me you couldn’t put toothpaste back in the tube. :frowning2:

I just stated you named a tube Frankie, as I did Naughty Girls, not to be outdone. Mine come in pairs, I believe if you see one, you have seen them both. :ksc75smile:

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #22,677 of 23,494
I had a Holland made ECC40 delivered today. Unfortunately it will be another couple weeks before the adapter arrives, then another week for me to determine if it’s any good. If it isn’t, I’ll let everyone know. If it’s awesome, then it’ll be at least a month before I say anything while I stash up. :laughing:

Any more info on the tube?… Been liking the couple have right now…

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #22,678 of 23,494
Had my gear off mostly last few weeks. First time ever. Usually just left everything running 24/7. Too much pain to enjoy the sound right now. Just leaving the Gumby powered on as it takes quite a few hours of after a cold start to sound it's best.
Welcome back! I know all about the Gumby, and it definitely sounds best, after a couple of days running.

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #22,679 of 23,494
Cool! That's one tube I have not heard of.

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #22,680 of 23,494
I just stated you named a tube Frankie, as I did Naughty Girls, not to be outdone. Mine come in pairs, I believe if you see one, you have seen them both. :ksc75smile:

Would seem they're in bed together. :stuck_out_tongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back