1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. Paladin79
    which reminds me, a favorite song of mine is" I spent my last ten dollars on birth control and beer" by Two Nice Girls. You can imagine the images that come up if you search for a music group named Two Nice Girls lol. You have to hear that song if you have never heard it, a classic.

bcowen likes this.
  2. bcowen
    I am not at liberty to divulge any further details at this point...simply because I don't have any. :laughing: Don't even know yet if I have test settings for it in the Hickok, but it's close enough to a 6SN7 I can test it like one once the adapter arrives. Interesting little bugger...has little pins like a 6922, 12AU7, etc. except there's only 8 of them. And check out the shape of the glass at the bottom. All I can do at this point is give it a 9.9 rating. Just not yet sure on what scale. LOL!

ECC40.jpg

Mr Trev and Wes S like this.
  3. Ripper2860
    I bought 6x pairs in anticipation of a run ... :wink:

Wes S and bcowen like this.
  4. bcowen
    I guess you should be hoping even more than me that these don't suck then. :slight_smile:

I have a '60's Tungsram on the way too...it was only $10 with $8 shipping so I couldn't resist. Best to have at least 2 varieties to evaluate from, right?

Ripper2860 likes this.
  5. TK16
    Although not true atm, looks like a fool proof plan to fleece people out of their hard earned money for no cost. Gave an Ebay seller negative feedback for including tablets in the empty boxes.

bcowen likes this.
  6. bcowen
    Specs are quite similar to a 6SN7, so I'll be trying it out in the Lyr 3.

Wes S likes this.
  7. Paladin79
    Ok you have me curious, I have adapters on the way to convert to 6sn7 as well as 12au7

bcowen likes this.
  8. bcowen
    Good for you. People are way too hesitant to leave negative feedback when it's warranted, and that's beyond warranted in this case. The tablet could have easily scratched up the box, obviously. :relaxed:

I've got this one in my watch list, and I'll wait until the last 10 seconds before I pop in my $500 bid. Even a reasonable shipping cost for shipping boxes, IMO. But if I win and the jerk puts 300B amps in them before shipping, I'm gonna be pissed. :slight_smile:

upload_2019-10-25_19-43-34.png

TK16 likes this.
  9. bcowen
    Wait...I don't even know how they sound. You can't out-stash me at the outset. Geeez. I'm gonna quit saying anything about anything, except of course about how awesome GE's and Philips ECG's are. :slight_smile:

Mr Trev likes this.
  10. Strat1117
    Changed to my HD700s and had to roll back to the matsushitas. The Siemens are just a little too energetic up top for these phones. With the matsushitas, on the other hand, the treble is dead nuts gorgeous.

As for the boxes, when I think of all the insurance claim money I passed over when my basement flooded and I failed to claim all the valuable empty stereo equipment boxes that lurk under the staircase.....!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    TK16 and bcowen like this.
  11. Wes S
    That is a cool looking tube!

12. Wes S
    On another note, I rolled in my 7316 long plate d foil getter, and the heavens opened up last night. That tube is in a league of it's own, and has the best attributes of all my favorite tubes rolled into one. Again, I see why it is in the #1 ranking, on TK's list.
    [​IMG]
    Happy Saturday and Happy Rolling!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    mattrudy80, TK16 and bcowen like this.
  13. bcowen
    Nice pic!! But where's the photo of the box? :slight_smile:

TK16, Wes S and Paladin79 like this.
  14. Wes S
    I sold the box, for $500 on ebay. I just had to jump on the current empty box craze. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TK16, bcowen and Paladin79 like this.
  15. bcowen
    ROFL!!

I was planning on starting an Ebay auction tomorrow for a picture of the box. Not the box itself, just the picture. Perhaps start the green/yellow pic at $49.99, and the military one at $99.99 (both with free shipping). Those prices seem reasonable? :slight_smile:

Amperex Boxes.jpg

Mr Trev, Wes S, TK16 and 1 other person like this.