1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. Ripper2860
    Capture.PNG

The losing bidder likely has no idea just HOW FREAKIN' LUCKY THEY ARE!!!

Wes S, ksorota, bcowen and 1 other person like this.
  2. bcowen
    Is anybody actually reading the ad?

When I retire, I'm going into the empty box business. Who needs a friggin' 401k? :grin:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Wes S, jb77, TK16 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ripper2860
    And in the listing, there's a picture of the inside of the box containing ...

NOTHING!!
    :D

bcowen likes this.
  4. TK16
    Decided to hold out on a 256gb empty box. Screw that 128gb.

Strat1117 and bcowen like this.
  5. bcowen
    ROFL! Hope you have an extra $1k handy. :laughing:

6. bcowen
    I have a pile of empty iPhone boxes. But they're only going for ~$10. Maybe if I included a GE tube....

TK16 likes this.
  7. TK16
    Putting a GE tube in an open or empty box devalues the potential ending bid price. Estimated at 90% reduction in price.

bcowen likes this.
  8. Ripper2860
    Something is up with this sudden rash of empty Samsung box sales on EB. Some sort of 'code' for a covert sale? Maybe the box ships w/ 5g of Cocaine. Maybe it's some sort of 'silk road' type of transaction on the public web. Samsung Tablet = Cocaine and 128gb = 5g. :thinking:

And no, I did not know what the street price of Cocaine is. I had to Google it like any other law abiding citizen would do. :D

motberg, Wes S, jb77 and 1 other person like this.
  9. bcowen
    ROFL! I think cocaine was going for about $100 a gram back when I was in college (you know, back before there were cars). Not that I ever bought any of course...I had enough trouble scrounging up $2 for a six-pack of Drummond Bro's. But it seems that inflation has had no effect on cocaine...or supply has become more equalized with demand. :slight_smile:

upload_2019-10-14_21-5-48.png

TK16 likes this.
  10. Strat1117
    Poking around on eBay, I found a set of Linear Integrated Solid State Tubes (“LISST”), which were made by/for Schiit specifically for the Lyr. Who knew there was such a thing as a solid state tube. I went ahead and ordered them for ***s and giggles, but I’m curious if any of you have tried them what you thought.

bcowen likes this.
  11. bcowen
    I was trying to make it attractive to @Ripper2860 and get a sky-high bid. But now you just ruined everything.

TK16 likes this.
  12. bcowen
    I haven't tried them. Seemed a bit oxymoron-ish to me. :slight_smile: Be interested to hear what you think of them just the same.

TK16 likes this.
  13. Strat1117
    I agree 100%, which is exactly why I couldn’t resist! Either way, I’m going in with an open mind. Won’t be the first $75 I chucked away on audio, won’t be the last. Still seems like 10 or 20 years from now it will be a cool thing to have.

bcowen likes this.
  14. Ripper2860
    I have a LISST tube. Got it before Schiit discontinued them.

Better than a GE 6SN7 and worse than a Frankie 7N7. They'll do nicely if all one listens to is Marilyn Manson. :D

I use it when I know I'll be cycling on and off for brief repeated listening sessions and I do not want to stress tubes with repeated power cycles and short non-critical listening. Why fire up a $100 tube to listen to daily news, video conferences, or cat videos on Youtube? :smirk:

bcowen likes this.
  15. Strat1117
    Lol! I just want to have them because they are somehow cyber and steampunk all at the same time. Plus, this way, my great great grandchildren will be able to listen to my headphone amp after the vacuum tubes are all destroyed in the AI robot wars.