Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 19, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #20,763 of 23,492
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #20,764 of 23,492
I can have BangyBangTubes print you out a pair if you want? Though I do not know exactly what factory or brand you will get, most likely J&J or @bcowen favorite GE .

Very likely they won't be GE's from BangyBang. I bought his entire stock. He advertised them as genuine A2900's and gave me a package deal of $182,000 for all 364 of them. All tested, all perfect, and all guaranteed to work excellent for me. When he threw in the free shipping that sealed the deal as too good to pass up. And these things are absolutely pristine -- the lettering is so perfect it looks like they were just printed yesterday. Really amazing for tubes of this vintage. Only later did I find out they were re-silkscreened GE's, and too bad for me but he doesn't accept returns. Oh well. But at least I have a lot of GE's now if anybody wants some. Maybe stick a pair in the amp just before friends come over so you can show off your audiophile pedigree with your amp sporting A2900's?

:relaxed:

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #20,765 of 23,492
Dipped pins is not against the rules if you Bangybangtubes, this is possibility another screen name judging by the description and bad grammar.

It's BangyBang. Apostrophe apocalypse. His trademark.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #20,767 of 23,492
Toying with the idea of selling my 539c if that’s something that interests you?

What??!?!?!? Did you find something better, or are you embarking on a new hobby like needlepoint or pottery?

:laughing:

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #20,769 of 23,492
Dipped pins is not against the rules if you Bangybangtubes, this this is possibility another screen name judging by the description and bad grammar.
What??!?!?!? Did you find something better, or are you embarking on a new hobby like needlepoint or pottery?

:laughing:
knitting. It’s all about the knitting. Some killer needles on eBay right now.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #20,770 of 23,492
Sometimes folks can't really handle a cable that is too accurate and revealing. Have you ever considered that the one thing all the things you hate have in common is you, Bill?? :p

I never said I hated it. I said it sucked. Kinda like your advice here.

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #20,771 of 23,492
If you read the fkn thread you would know.

I was kinda hoping someone would just tell me so that I didn't have to read the whole fkn thread.

And after that, what's the best tube to get for my Lyr 3?

PLffftttt……………...

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #20,773 of 23,492
I never said I hated it. I said it sucked. Kinda like your advice here.

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

I've been refreshing my browser most of the day awaiting your wonderful and witty retort to my post. I'm sooooo disappointed. :frowning2:

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #20,774 of 23,492
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #20,775 of 23,492
But the DIY cables are still a helk of a lot cheaper than from dealers. I agree about the Furutech. The Furutech I bought was actually MADE by the dealer I purchased it from.

Yes, the Pangea's have had a small cult following the last several years. One of the best bang for buck. But as bc pointed out, just b/c you can design a great entry level audiophile power cable doesn't mean you got the chops to make an equivalently good USB cord. I have also worked with AudioAdvisor and ordered some custom speaker cables out of AudioQuest 4 or something. Again, best bang for buck. They also do custom ICs, so keep that in mind.

I come from a home stereo background, this HP Schiit is new for me. In general, in home stereo, the Rec is to spend 1/3 of budget on source, 1/3 on pre/Amp, and 1/3 on speakers, with the remaining 10% on cables. Bc most people will spend and inordinate amount on speakers (50%) and 1/4 on source and preAmp. They get it all wrong. If anything, since the quality of the largely determine SQ as it travels from the wall socket to your ears, a person would be wiser to invest more in the front end of their system: My personal approach for budgeting is about 20% on source, 40% on Pre & Amp, 20% on speakers. that's 80%. The last 20% goes to cables/conditioning.:money_mouth:

E.g. The signal NEVER gets better from the wall. And once you lose that resolution, dynamics, soundstage from dirty electricity, you will NEVER get it back. Poof. Gone. 86'ed. Ghandi. Black Hole. Never to be seen again.
1. from the wall receptacle (some people replace the receptacle to clean up the signal and reduce distortion from the get-go)
2. to the power cord that goes to your conditioner or isolator (conditioner? isolator? what?:relieved:)
3. the power cord from the conditioner (2-10 ports) to your sources: CD player, phono stage, DAC ,etc and so on and so forth. IMO, power cords are more important than IC/Interconnects.
(FWIW, I use a Richard Grey Pole Pig and 400 Pro conditioner).

Suggest the folks getting the power cords and Pangea's invest in at least an entry level audiophile power strip/cleaner/conditioner: eg. the Pangea Quattro or its larger brother. Others units are out there to choose from. But just make sure you get one. If a person is blowing mad coin on HG tubes, but neglecting their front end electrical signal, it is akin to shooting oneself in the foot. That person will never really hear what those HG tubes are capable of. never.

oh, yeah, this is a HP forum:face_palm:. Everything I said about balancing out a person system applies to the HP system as well. Same deal, diff story.

Great advice from the perspective of another converted 2-channel guy. At the end of the day, what are we all listening to? The AC power coming out of the wall. Yes, it's really that simple. Whatever comes after that only converts it into a format that our ears perceive as music. But the crappier the start, the crappier the finish.

At the barest of bare minimums, get rid of that $0.29 contractor grade duplex outlet that everything is plugged into. 99% chance it has a hole in the back with an internal spring clip that the stripped end of the house Romex is stuck into. Contact area? About a billionth of a millimeter. The Romex oxidizes, the spring loses tension, and pretty soon that wire is vibrating around in that little hole causing all sorts of noise and fuzz that you didn't even know existed and were probably blaming on that last tube you bought on Ebay. No need to spend the long green on a fancy outlet, just get one with internal clamps so that there's a vise-like grip on the Romex wire.

This is a Cooper brand, about $3.50 at Home Depot or Amazon. As you tighten the outer screws, that's a clamp piece inside the hole that grabs onto the bare Romex end and manhandles it like Hercules. No loosening, no vibrating, and most importantly, an exponentially higher surface area contact:

outlet.jpg

If you want to go nuts, the Furutech GTX outlets are even awesome-er:

upload_2019-4-19_19-9-20.png

And then if you want to showcase a textbook example of more money than brains, the carbon fiber wall plate will do it. Does it help the sound? No, at least not to my ears. But it looks so absolutely fck'n cool that the sonic properties are completely irrelevant. :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

wall plate.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back