Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jun 19, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #18,228 of 23,493
Lol. Way too low. He’ll never accept what I offered. I don’t even need them but they’re triple mica.
I’m sure someone here already scooped them up.

I’ll never tell

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #18,232 of 23,493
Jun 20, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #18,233 of 23,493
Hope you got the decimal point in the right place this time.

Could be the first time in history someone paid $250 for a 3X 6n3p :)
OMG....I did it again. :)
He accepted but with a counter. Why not. We’ll see how good they are and if I got ripped off. Are these the same ones you got TK?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6N3P-396a-6385-2C51-ECC42-Tubes-triple-mica-1958-NOS/323305106946?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
By the way, the guy that was bidding on the Ken Rads with me where I made my blunder?.... I sold him the second set the seller was so gracious to include with my sale for what he would have won them for. Hoping for good Karma cause I need it, plus why not. He’s a fellow Headfi member.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #18,235 of 23,493
Seller alert: https://www.ebay.com/usr/whiskey-and-jazz?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I just eventually left negative feedback for this guy. This is the guy that sold 70s Siemens listed as 1964, he was reading the date code wrong - tubes also arrived with one of them well below minimum readings - said they were tested on an Amplitrex, and would send test results, never did, complete BS, they clearly weren't tested on an Amplitrex.

I wrote to him to explain the date code error, he persisted to list them wrongly, I messaged again and asked why he was still misleading buyers, and he said he hadn't had time to update the listing. Still wrongly listed weeks later, and now he's making the photos purposely obscured on his Siemens E88CC listings.

I recommend staying away from his other listings.

That obvious silver shield no way they can be 1964! oh and that visible A4 on the metal plate ughh :D
If any of you have doubts over such tubes don't hesitate to PM me I will do what I can to help save you time. Not that I'm the greatest expert but somehow have accumulated knowledge buying a ton.

As for the testing results I have several rules:

1) Don't buy if you can't see any numbers
2) If you do see numbers - make sure the seller has specified or ask him at what conditions they were tested and which tester. Have in mind that 11mA on one tester at normal test settings (Funke W19) can be much better than 22mA at another tester + settings. For example this auction https://www.ebay.com/itm/183271046327 , look at those juicy numbers 24 mA when 20mA is 100% oh boy juicy phat thicc numbers. HOWEVER from conversing with said seller ( in 2015 mind you who know what has changed ) when I didn't have a tester and asking him about the numbers he responded "I took values some time ago, I think it must be: 150V -1,9 Vg 6,3Vf on a Neuberger rpm370, both tubes test around 120% of average new value." Back then the seller was pointing out the same phat numbers 22-25 mA, and 100% was 15mA! So now it's risen to 20, but the truth according to the spec is at that point 100% is 30-31mA. A Funke W19 tester at 11mA tests with grid bias at 0V and 60V plate and from my experience this usually equates to 15mA+ with specification 90-100V/-1.2V. 12mA on that is usually a strong tube. However the Funke will not test if the tube is not "running away" which means the current is not affected by grid bias. From my experience such tubes run fine in schiit amps as they probably use some resistor in there instead of grid bias, but sometimes have hiss or noise. (Fk sorry guys this is not very structured).
3) Understand the values at #2 or ask for help if you can't

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #18,238 of 23,493
Attention all new subscribers to this thread

if you start reading this thread from say page 750 on and especially anything from late 2017 on, you will gather a wealth of information and probably have every question you have answered for you. That’s what was suggested to me and what is suggested to all. Many questions have been answered numerous times if you just do a simple search or just enjoy reading the thread. It’s a great read too and you will learn.

The most well educated “tube” people you’ll ever talk to post here daily and have probably posted an answer to your question. Plus you’ll learn stuff that you “thought” you didn’t need to know.

This is why I’m now bankrupt living in a van down by the river. But I have my gear and all my tubes. I don’t need anything else except this ashtray, my remote control, my paddle game, and this 1 magazine, and my chair. And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #18,240 of 23,493
Well the 3x Foton secret is out of the bag with the sellers then...notice the triple mica mention in the listing, and the significant price increase...Now we'll see all the 3x Foton come out of the woodwork with loads of Eastern Europe sellers, with silly prices...

De ja vu a la Refketor 1975 6n23p??

Was good while it lasted :) @TK16, you can sell all of your stock pile in a year for 20 times the original price haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back