Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jun 18, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #18,214 of 23,494
GREAT EBAY SELLER ALERT!!!!

Why I’m telling anyone this is beyond me.
It’s like taking confession and clearing my mind. I just did the most idiotic thing.

I bid on the Ken Rads AC put out there which I was grateful for. I like the tube a lot.
There’s only 2 bidders, some guy and I.
I thought I bid 38.00 but the decimal point bit me in the arsh and I landed up making a max bid of $3800.00 FOR A SET OF KEN RADS.

The other guy put in a bid of $99 as a max bid knowing he wouldn’t have to pay that much because there was 3 minutes left and the last “seen” bid was $38.00 He obviously thought he’d get it for $39 which is a good deal. These sell for $45-$65 a set. But NO..... I had to fork out $100.

So.... I contacted the seller begging him and explaining the obvious error I made knowing full well I was SOL, but why not try anyway.

BUY FROM THE SELLER. He is righteous and very cool. There’s nothing he can do about he money because it’s eBay policy and I get it, but he’s going to send me 2 sets of matched Ken Rads for my bid as he understands completely what I did as he saw my fat finger. Who does this for a buyer? I will buy from his guy every single time without hesitation.

He’s based out of Henderson Nevada and his storefront name is “surefire”

We always want to talk about bad sellers but this guy needs to get his name out there. My mistake but he’s gonna get my highest recommendation. Watch for him and buy from him as he’s righteous!!!!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I’m done buying tubes....for a while at least.
Anyone need a set of Ken Rads for a
Good price?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #18,216 of 23,494

Why I’m fighting the urge to buy these or why buy them?

If it’s the former it’s because I have collected a “few” 6C8Gs, 12SN7s, 12SL7s, and 6U7GTs of the Tung Sols to last me...well a few life times.

If it’s the latter it’s because this tube brings magic to my ears. I’d never thought I’d say this but i’d give up my PW Amperex for the big bottle Tung Sols. They do something with instruments that make them sound live with little shortcomings. The only thing I could ask for in my setup would be speed. But this could caused by my headphones or amp. It’s a great tube.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #18,218 of 23,494
Which big bottle Tung sols are you speaking about and can I use them in a schiit Lyr 2?

Thanks,

Seth
They’re the ones I PM’d you about. They will fit in the LYR 2 but you need 2 sets of socket savers as the tubes are too big and will not clear the amp. These tubes are awesome and less expensive then just about any other variant except for the Russians. Between these and the Foton 6n3p triple mica’s, a man, any man can be set for life in musical nirvana.

Edit: I just saw my PM is sitting in limbo and not sent. If no one responds, I’ll PM you or just post in the thread some tube recommendations and links along with needed adapters.
But it’ll be a good 6 hours or so before I can cut loose md post. That work thing just gets in the way of everything.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #18,220 of 23,494
Looking for a good matched pair of Foton 63NP’s pair of socket savers and pair of good Tung Sol big bottle? Any help fellas good years for tubes etc?

I PM'ed this to someone who is also curious about running the 6C8G tubes in their Mjolnir 2.

This is going to be a more expensive endeavor compared to the WE396A/6N3 adapters. If you have the Lyr 2 or Mjolnir 2 in all you need a total of 4 of the socket savers. Two socket savers will help you when rolling tubes (make the tubes easier to reach) and will make the case cooler. If you already have a pair of these then just buy another pair of the socket savers. I've tried to make it work with two socket savers but the adapter for the 6C8Gs are just too big.

4 x Socket Savers: http://www.tubemonger.com/NOVIB_Socket_Saver_1960s_NOS_British_McMurdo_B9A_p/novib-mcmurdo.htm

2 x 6C8G to 6922 adapter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-6F8G-6...107223?hash=item2c9983b757:g:j~4AAOSwstxVFUiM

The link that Koover posted earlier are a good price for the Tung Sols. Try out the RCAs or Ken Rads first and see if you like the tubes once they open up. They're almost half the cost of the Tung Sols. Whichever way you go let us know what you think about them.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #18,221 of 23,494
GREAT EBAY SELLER ALERT!!!!

Why I’m telling anyone this is beyond me.
It’s like taking confession and clearing my mind. I just did the most idiotic thing.

I bid on the Ken Rads AC put out there which I was grateful for. I like the tube a lot.
There’s only 2 bidders, some guy and I.
I thought I bid 38.00 but the decimal point bit me in the arsh and I landed up making a max bid of $3800.00 FOR A SET OF KEN RADS.

The other guy put in a bid of $99 as a max bid knowing he wouldn’t have to pay that much because there was 3 minutes left and the last “seen” bid was $38.00 He obviously thought he’d get it for $39 which is a good deal. These sell for $45-$65 a set. But NO..... I had to fork out $100.

So.... I contacted the seller begging him and explaining the obvious error I made knowing full well I was SOL, but why not try anyway.

BUY FROM THE SELLER. He is righteous and very cool. There’s nothing he can do about he money because it’s eBay policy and I get it, but he’s going to send me 2 sets of matched Ken Rads for my bid as he understands completely what I did as he saw my fat finger. Who does this for a buyer? I will buy from his guy every single time without hesitation.

He’s based out of Henderson Nevada and his storefront name is “surefire”

We always want to talk about bad sellers but this guy needs to get his name out there. My mistake but he’s gonna get my highest recommendation. Watch for him and buy from him as he’s righteous!!!!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I’m done buying tubes....for a while at least.
Anyone need a set of Ken Rads for a
Good price?
First the PW fiasco now this! When will it end.
PS I never told a soul about that one.

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #18,223 of 23,494
First the PW fiasco now this! When will it end.
PS I never told a soul about that one.
Bro, if I would have had the time and the post I made wasnt so long already, I would have spilled the beans. I’ll wait for the right moment when the thread is a bit slow and I’ll tell the story. Hopefully everyone will get a good laugh at my expense.

As an FYI, my new LCD2-C is waiting at home for me. Can’t wait to hear it and to start rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back