Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,651 of 23,494
You are welcome but that tubes is hard to find in Russia and ex-USSR also.
Trust me, I know all the dealers. Russia, Moldovia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Siberia, etc... These guys are some fun to deal with. Last batch with a 40% fail was delax777mechanics, but at least there were a few gems. Found some exact date code and output matches for some '77 and '78s I had. This guy sovtube is the worst advertises NOS, when they came many are so grimy I have to clean them just to read the dates! Worse shows a '75 Reflector in his picture, then out of 60 tubes doesn't even send one. Oh the joys of Russian tube hunting.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,654 of 23,494
Trust me, I know all the dealers....

I know it, I am from Russia.:))
I can use local Russian auctions and message boards.:)
It really hard to find rockets '75 now.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,655 of 23,494
  hey Rb,  how is Reflextor compare to Voshkod?  Is it worth hunting for?

I'm pretty happy with my late '60s Reflectors, though I haven't had a chance to compare them to my '74 Rockets; will do so once they have the same number of hours on them.  The Reflectors have detail and punch, as one would expect from 6N23Ps.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #1,656 of 23,494
have you had this dealer "kwtubes" from lithuania?
No, $15.99 a pair is too steep. You have to remember your chance of hitting the lottery with a solid '75 Rocket is almost zero. In fact figure, 25% will be fails or pretty close to worn out. Most likely you'll get a mix match bunch of '80s and 90s. For $79 that's to rich, in my opinion. Of course you could get lucky.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,657 of 23,494
hey Rb,  how is Reflextor compare to Voshkod?  Is it worth hunting for?
I will post pictures today of the different versions. The run of the mill Reflektors, with the dual dimpled plate getter post, are pretty good. But the much rarer Reflektors with the Single Curved Wire Getter Post are excellent, quite a cut above. The very best Reflektors are the '74 and '75 with this construction. For me, and what I'm searching for are the 'Holy Grail' '75 Silver Shields. These are extrodinary! And extrodinarly rare. Now The Voskhod ranking I did last year stands for the plate post versions. But wouldn't you know they made the wire post version as well. From what I can tell, they're the same as the Reflektors. Sound just as incredible! I'll post pics to clear up any confusion.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,661 of 23,494
Thank You Rb for you clearification.  I will wait for the decent price...Right now, I have Voshkod 76/gray.  I'm very happy with this pairs.  That is why I'm looking for 75,  and yes, I do have some
79/gray...

Once again, Thanks  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back