Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 2, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #15,692 of 23,494
All of the new production 6922 tubes suck. The Gold Lion suck less than others but they still suck.

Suck less - that may be a reasonable first step!

Jan 2, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #15,695 of 23,494
That is true, but now that you have entered the House of the Rising Sun for tube consumption, all reason will soon evaporate...

I fear that you are correct. I've even been eyeing Woo amps . . .

Jan 2, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #15,697 of 23,494
You’re toast

I'm getting Focal Clear headphones in a couple of months. Seems like a good time to pick up a new amp, too! Transformer coupled, though, to drive lower-impedance loads. Besides, the Woo amps are damned beautiful!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #15,698 of 23,494
I'm getting Focal Clear headphones in a couple of months. Seems like a good time to pick up a new amp, too! Transformer coupled, though, to drive low-impedance loads. Besides, the Woo amps are damned beautiful!

Nice! Skip lo-fi, mid-fi, go hi-fi and purchase a nice tube amp.

But see, that’s almost like sitting down to watch great boxing movie then skipping to the end. Where’s the drama, the growth, the exercise montage? You’re missing out on lifes lessons. Oh who am I kidding. You’re doing it right brochacho.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #15,699 of 23,494
Nice! Skip lo-if, mid-fi, go hi-fi and purchase a nice tube amp.

But see, that’s almost like sitting down to watch great boxing movie then skipping to the end. Where’s the drama, the growth, the exercise montage? Your missing out on lifes lessons. Oh who am I kidding. You’re doing it right brochacho.

Going straight to hi-fi may be the cheapest route. That's important - I'll have both of my sons in college next year. But luckily there is only a one year overlap. And I can argue that audio is a cheap hobby when compared to college educations.

I'm telling my wife that I'm showing great restraint - the Focal Utopias are not on my 'To Buy' list.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #15,700 of 23,494
Hey gmahler2u I don't remember hearing your impressions of the Tele E188CC's. Nothing special ??? They were a revelation to me when I first heard them but I have not
gone back and listened to them since I abandoned them for my TS2C51's. It's tough after you've been spoiled with some of these 2c51 variants. I will have to roll them back
in for comparison here soon. Curious what you thought of them.

Happy New Year to you Bill..Sorry about this delay.

First of all, it's knockout tube! Yes, it's warm compare to Siemen CCa gray. it gives me detail. Revelation, Yes, it knockout my #1 6922 which is "Lorenz Stuttgart Tri-mica"
So this mean Telefunken E188cc is my new #1 tube!!!
When I start listening with this tube I don't usually roll... Just listening, am enjoy this tube VERY BERRY much.

hope this help bill..

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #15,702 of 23,494
Happy New Year to you Bill..Sorry about this delay.

First of all, it's knockout tube! Yes, it's warm compare to Siemen CCa gray. it gives me detail. Revelation, Yes, it knockout my #1 6922 which is "Lorenz Stuttgart Tri-mica"
So this mean Telefunken E188cc is my new #1 tube!!!
When I start listening with this tube I don't usually roll... Just listening, am enjoy this tube VERY BERRY much.

hope this help bill..

That's great to hear bro. It is a wonderful tube. Pristine and pure...but surprisingly ballsy. My #1's have made this progression...Philips Miniwatt E188CC's to Holland PW's to Tele E188CC's to Tung Sol 2c51's. That's a motherload
of good schiit. I haven't had the Tele's back in since Sammy backstabbed them with his TS 2c51 discovery. You've inspired me to get them back in for an interesting comparison.

Edit: I'm glad I didn't steer you toward a tube you didn't like. And if I remember right, you got a sweet deal on them too !!! Enjoy !!!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #15,703 of 23,494
That's great to hear bro. It is a wonderful tube. Pristine and pure...but surprisingly ballsy. My #1's have made this progression...Philips Miniwatt E188CC's to Holland PW's to Tele E188CC's to Tung Sol 2c51's. That's a motherload
of good schiit. I haven't had the Tele's back in since Sammy backstabbed them with his TS 2c51 discovery. You've inspired me to get them back in for an interesting comparison.

Edit: I'm glad I didn't steer you toward a tube you didn't like. And if I remember right, you got a sweet deal on them too !!! Enjoy !!!

I don't think I won't rolling tubes for awhile, I'll just stay with this Tele E188cc. It's too good too sweet...i can listen to music hours and hours...

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #15,704 of 23,494

Users who are viewing this thread

• GSI
Back