Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. koover
    Lol

robertbudding likes this.
  2. robertbudding
    Suck less - that may be a reasonable first step!

koover, rnros and MWSVette like this.
  3. TK16
    Save yourself a ton of cash and buy a pair of 5670 to ECC88 adapters and some $35 Tung Sol 2C51, dirt cheap Reflektor 6N3P-E, Western Electric 396A square getters and a whole load of pretty cheap of the other variants. 5670 etc.

koover and rnros like this.
  4. rnros
    That is true, but now that you have entered the House of the Rising Sun for tube consumption, all reason will soon evaporate...

Phantaminum, robertbudding and TK16 like this.
  5. robertbudding
    I fear that you are correct. I've even been eyeing Woo amps . . .

rnros likes this.
  6. koover
    You’re toast

ThurstonX and robertbudding like this.
  7. robertbudding
    I'm getting Focal Clear headphones in a couple of months. Seems like a good time to pick up a new amp, too! Transformer coupled, though, to drive lower-impedance loads. Besides, the Woo amps are damned beautiful!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  8. Phantaminum
    Nice! Skip lo-fi, mid-fi, go hi-fi and purchase a nice tube amp.

But see, that’s almost like sitting down to watch great boxing movie then skipping to the end. Where’s the drama, the growth, the exercise montage? You’re missing out on lifes lessons. Oh who am I kidding. You’re doing it right brochacho.

9. robertbudding
    Going straight to hi-fi may be the cheapest route. That's important - I'll have both of my sons in college next year. But luckily there is only a one year overlap. And I can argue that audio is a cheap hobby when compared to college educations.

I'm telling my wife that I'm showing great restraint - the Focal Utopias are not on my 'To Buy' list.

10. gmahler2u
    Happy New Year to you Bill..Sorry about this delay.

First of all, it's knockout tube! Yes, it's warm compare to Siemen CCa gray. it gives me detail. Revelation, Yes, it knockout my #1 6922 which is "Lorenz Stuttgart Tri-mica"
    So this mean Telefunken E188cc is my new #1 tube!!!
    When I start listening with this tube I don't usually roll... Just listening, am enjoy this tube VERY BERRY much.

hope this help bill..

spyder1 and billerb1 like this.
  11. billerb1
    You're speaking to me. Loudly...but with beautiful tone.

12. billerb1
    That's great to hear bro. It is a wonderful tube. Pristine and pure...but surprisingly ballsy. My #1's have made this progression...Philips Miniwatt E188CC's to Holland PW's to Tele E188CC's to Tung Sol 2c51's. That's a motherload
    of good schiit. I haven't had the Tele's back in since Sammy backstabbed them with his TS 2c51 discovery. You've inspired me to get them back in for an interesting comparison.

Edit: I'm glad I didn't steer you toward a tube you didn't like. And if I remember right, you got a sweet deal on them too !!! Enjoy !!!

gmahler2u likes this.
  13. gmahler2u
    I don't think I won't rolling tubes for awhile, I'll just stay with this Tele E188cc. It's too good too sweet...i can listen to music hours and hours...

14. OldSkool
    As that Woo-loving Darth Vader said, "Yesssss....come to the dark side..." :D

billerb1 likes this.
  15. Autostart
    The problem here is I want the WA5-LE which just adds conformation to.my illness.

robertbudding and billerb1 like this.