Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 1, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #15,678 of 23,494
Happy New Year to all you audio neurotics. It's good to be among the comparably afflicted.

ThurstonX...how bout some 2018 predictions ??? Share the vision !!!
Rangy and I are massively hungover, but we're working on it.

Tesla 6CC42s fnckin' ROCK! Plus they look cool. Expect a run on them. There, how's that? :wink:

Also, 2018 is gonna be sacrilicious.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #15,679 of 23,494
What is the prediction on how many more pairs of WE 396A I will buy in 2018? Please tell me 0!
Too many. You'll be forced to sell. Trust your Magic Eight Ball.

Jan 1, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #15,681 of 23,494
Have happy New Year 2018 to you alll crazy tube rollers!!

:deadhorse:

Hey gmahler2u I don't remember hearing your impressions of the Tele E188CC's. Nothing special ??? They were a revelation to me when I first heard them but I have not
gone back and listened to them since I abandoned them for my TS2C51's. It's tough after you've been spoiled with some of these 2c51 variants. I will have to roll them back
in for comparison here soon. Curious what you thought of them.

Jan 2, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #15,682 of 23,494
Happy new year fellow tube lovers :) Been out of the game for the holidays. Now I'm watching some Siemens E88CC D-getter auction to complete my pair and have a listen to these virtually extinct tubes.
Currently sporting my miniature Sylvania 7963 and it's actually one hell of a tube. Pretty happy with its usage over the holidays. Probably will buy 1-2 more pairs to stay ahead on these.
Still trying to find time and desire to compare my tubes but I can't, every time I think about it - it seems too difficult to attempt to describe and compare all this glass, so I've basically been rolling based on feeling lately.

Jan 2, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #15,683 of 23,494
Happy New Year to everyone!

Have a pair of 1951 Bendix 2C51 square getter to trade for a specific tube. LM Ericsson 2C51 pair square getter either steel pin or gold pin. USA only please. No noise/no microphonics, 400 hours. Anyone interested in a trade please PM me. Not selling the Bendix, just looking for a specific trade. Thanks guys!

How many hours of burn do you have on those LME's you recently bought? You must really be digging them if you're in the hunt for a back
Up set. That says a lot right there.

Jan 2, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #15,684 of 23,494

How many hours of burn do you have on those LME's you recently bought? You must really be digging them if you're in the hunt for a back

He's been looking for a pair.

It's been hard just to find a normal steel pin pair but it looks like the gold pins are almost unicorns now. We're all keeping an eye out for him.

Jan 2, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #15,685 of 23,494
I'm venturing down this dangerous path myself. My new NOVIB socket savers should be delivered today, and I have a set of Gold Lion tubes sitting on my desk . . .

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #15,686 of 23,494

Looking to make a swap of 2 very rare tubes. I got the 1951 square getter Bendix 2C51, looking for a pair of the LM Ericsson 2C51 square getter. Thought I would put that out there if anybody is interested.

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #15,687 of 23,494
Looking to make a swap of 2 very rare tubes. I got the 1951 square getter Bendix 2C51, looking for a pair of the LM Ericsson 2C51 square getter. Thought I would put that out there if anybody is interested.

Sorry, maybe I worded it wrong or I have wrong info. I thought you had purchased a set of LM Ericsson 2C51 from eBay not that long ago, yes?

Jan 2, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #15,688 of 23,494
I'm venturing down this dangerous path myself. My new NOVIB socket savers should be delivered today, and I have a set of Gold Lion tubes sitting on my desk . . .
That’s a good new production tube but you’ll find out sooner then later that you don’t want to go down the same path I went down starting out. Look for some NOS vintage tubes, preferably some Amperex E88CC, Siemens E88CC’s, 2C51/5670 variants (preferably Western Electric + you’ll need an apadter) and even some inexpensive 6N3P-E Russian tubes. I bought everything under the sun where you only need a few good higher end sets that will satisfy you for years. Just read this thread, especially the last 100 pages or so and you’ll get some great info and advice from the experts.....and I’m not one of them.

Good luck bro. Hope you find them.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #15,689 of 23,494

All of the new production 6922 tubes suck. The Gold Lion suck less than others but they still suck.

Jan 2, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #15,690 of 23,494
He's been looking for a pair.

It's been hard just to find a normal steel pin pair but it looks like the gold pins are almost unicorns now. We're all keeping an eye out for him.

Not sure who bought them but I remember seeing a shared auction from eBay for a set of LM Ericsson 2C51 for around $180. Not sure why but I thought @TK16 had bought them. If he didn't buy them..... who did?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back