Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #7,591 of 8,735
Quote:
As long as they test well and are relatively closely matched then the visual appearance isn't that important.

I wouldn't pay more than about $150 for a pair of mullards, more than that is a bit excessive I think.

Thanks for the reply. Would these be worth getting then:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-Mullard-E88CC-6922-6dj8-ECC88-Tubes-Gold-Pins-Shield-Logo-1960-/171037404585?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27d29fada9

$120 or so with shipping. They look like they tested strong, but the printing on them is a bit different.

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #7,593 of 8,735
SLIGHT PAUSE IN THIS HERE LYR TUBE ROLLING THREAD...

To say, the Statements have arrived will be arriving!  At least, I think they are the Statements...
wink_face.gif

http://www.schiit.com/ragnarok-yggdrasil.pdf

EDIT: This is a Preliminary Information release!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS - You may now resume tube rolling!

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #7,595 of 8,735
Quote:
They haven't 'arrived'. It's just a pre-announcement. 

Well, I said "slight".
biggrin.gif
  I know, but everyone has been wondering about them for so long.  At least now we have approximate dates (err...times of the year) to shoot for. 
wink_face.gif

Just don't ask for more info or the price goes up $50 each time (check the flyer...).
tongue.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #7,596 of 8,735
Quote:
SLIGHT PAUSE IN THIS LYR TUBE ROLLING THREAD...

To say, the Statements have arrived!  At least, I think they are the Statements...
wink_face.gif

http://www.schiit.com/ragnarok-yggdrasil.pdf

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS - You may now resume tube rolling!

Wow. I literally just bought the Bifrost-Uber 20mins ago... didn't know when the Statement would be out 
angry_face.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #7,597 of 8,735
Quote:
Wow. I literally just bought the Bifrost-Uber 20mins ago... didn't know when the Statement would be out 
angry_face.gif

Don't feel bad about it!  The new amp (Ragnarok) won't even be out until late 2013 and the DAC (Yggdrasil) won't be out until early 2014.  Things have also gotten delayed before, so I think you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the uber.  This was just a preliminary announcement.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #7,598 of 8,735
Frankly, I'm not all that interested, I'm pretty happy with my Lyr.

But Jason hinted that a hybrid version might be coming.  Now THAT I would be interested in!

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #7,599 of 8,735
Quote:
Frankly, I'm not all that interested, I'm pretty happy with my Lyr.

But Jason hinted that a hybrid version might be coming.  Now THAT I would be interested in!

Really?  I missed that!  I would be interested as well as long as they use the same tube family as the Lyr.  Then I won't have to go out and get more tubes!
wink_face.gif

Seriously, I would be very interested in a hybrid.  I'm getting addicted to the tube sound...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #7,600 of 8,735
I love my Lyr but am actually thinking about going over to solid state with the statement gear. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #7,601 of 8,735
I was wondering when Telefunken would be knocked from it's current throne- thought I would have to get some of Amperex or Siemens best. Then along comes Ediswan 6922. Fuller bass, more detailed mids, an excellent, and as of now, superior tube. Highly recommended. Telefunken, you may now take your rest.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #7,602 of 8,735
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #7,603 of 8,735
Quote:
I was wondering when Telefunken would be knocked from it's current throne- thought I would have to get some of Amperex or Siemens best. Then along comes Ediswan 6922. Fuller bass, more detailed mids, an excellent, and as of now, superior tube. Highly recommended. Telefunken, you may now take your rest.

Interesting.  A new player...

They don't seem to be all that pricey either.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #7,604 of 8,735
Interesting.  A new player...

They don't seem to be all that pricey either.
Great bass, thick and rich. Definitely one of it's strengths. And great detail. It's only weakness could be soundstage, Telefunken is more spacious sounding. Listening on HE-400, great with handling bass, no doubt. This could obviously lead me to color my review. One thing's for sure- Telefunken can't touch Ediswan's bass. Which is superior- I'll leave that to the experts who know far more than me. The Ediswan's are a very fun tube, this much I know.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #7,605 of 8,735
Really?  I missed that!  I would be interested as well as long as they use the same tube family as the Lyr.  Then I won't have to go out and get more tubes!
wink_face.gif

Seriously, I would be very interested in a hybrid.  I'm getting addicted to the tube sound...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

HK, I think I read somewhere that the Statement hybrid will not use the same tube family.

My large 6DJ8 tube investment is one of the reasons I acquired the Liquid Glass. Uses these same Novals or Octals in the 6SN7 family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back