Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?
May 31, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #1,351 of 2,392
Hey Jason,

just a small reminder that tomorrow is also the beginning of JUNE (!!!) :wink: and no I do NOT mean Apples WWDC

I am a very happy customer of your Asgard in combination with the Sennheiser HD598, love it, match made in heaven!! But now I need a DAC and would love to have a heap of Schiit at home. And help you make a Schiit-load of money in buying your products. 

By the way, thank you for supplying distributors around the world (especially in the Middle East). The local "Dubai Audio Center" sells your amps faster than you ship them and they do a fantastic job promoting them. Without their guidance I would most likely not have one. They are amazing advocates for your brand.

So please ship a few DACs to them too.

Pretty please?
Ralf

May 31, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #1,353 of 2,392
May 31, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,354 of 2,392
May 31, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #1,355 of 2,392

Quote:
Quote:
Curiously, which of the 5 was a rightie?

W.

Figures...nuff said.
Thanks!
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #1,356 of 2,392

Quote:
Dubya, but Reagan was ambidextrous.

Most, but not all polyticians are orally ambidextrous.  They can speak out of BOTH sides of their mouth.

May 31, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #1,358 of 2,392

Quote:
In other news, we have the (potentially) bad Lyr back from Mike. We're currently buried in shipping backorders, but we'll take a good look at it tonight and post our findings tomorrow.

I got my shipping notice for my Lyr today!

Thanks for the great service Jason!

May 31, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #1,360 of 2,392
I have found that like most amps, it isn't just the tubes and have found that the Lyr does sound even better after a few hundred hours. Spatial information is better presented and the bass is refined. 

May 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #1,362 of 2,392
My schitt also shipped today, I'm pumped my first tube amp and should have a audio gd NFB-2 DAC shipping soon to go with my hd650's. :D

^^

Almost, the Lyr is a hybrid amp. Congrats....one fabulous amp IMO.

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #1,364 of 2,392

Quote:
I have found that like most amps, it isn't just the tubes and have found that the Lyr does sound even better after a few hundred hours. Spatial information is better presented and the bass is refined. 

x2!

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #1,365 of 2,392

Quote:
Is there a good thread to read on what tube are compatible with not just this amp but in general. Explaining all the tube numbers swimming in my head. Thanks

Just like there are many different types of op amps, there were thousands of different types of tubes made. Most were not/are not applicable to audio and of those useable for audio  the operating parameters can vary greatly from a voltage amplifying tube to one that is a current tube. There are so many variables that to get a feel for tubes to be honest, requires reading as you have time and just see how each type falls. Some people prefer a certain type over another. It used to be that the 6DJ8 type was not considered a good audio tube and that one needed a 6SN7, 12AX7, 6SL7, 12AU7 etc., but even among those there would be arguments as to the real quality of audio they would prefer. And so it goes. Plug Joe's Tube Lore into google and get some good info on the 6DJ8 family and he even has some others in there. You can also to to Tube Asylum on Audio Asylum and there are many posts there (1000's). Plug in a tube number and read opinions.------------------
----------------------------------------------

I am listening with the Seimens 6922 to Fleetwood Mac, Live at the Boston Tea Party, part 1. The sound is exceptional. Very live and open. The cleanness to the sound and purity is pure fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back