Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?
Mar 21, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #316 of 2,392

Quote:
Word has it, that Mike Moffat and Jason both enjoy the DT 990/600 ohm. It's been mentioned as one of the cans used in tuning the sound signature of the Lyr. 

I can see that. I think it was mentioned before by someone that the Lyr was on the bright side. I would concur with that (for a tube amp). Once those nasty trebles break in with those cans I could understand the synergy with the Lyr, guessing the bass would be the bomb ....wish I hadn't sold those now.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #317 of 2,392
I'm ready to order a Lyr for my L's, but I think I would rather wait until they correct this "hard to pull" tube issue. If the next production run is only a few weeks away, I can wait.

popcorn.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #318 of 2,392

Quote:
Has the "hard to get out" tubes been fixed on the Lyr's now shipping?

I read that the next production of Lyr's would be much easier to pull the tubes.

Quote:
From what he told me a few days ago, it's not looking good.

I may have been the culprit of this insignificant detail    Quote:

" were rapidly remedied by a quick (and pain in the ass .. duct tape to the rescue again) tube swap"

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment.

It's not an issue folks, hell, it makes it more fun to me!

Hopefully the guys will ignore the issue and focus on the music, which is really what we want

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #319 of 2,392

Quote:
I complained about the hard to get out tube situation, but when I went to pull out the tubes a second time, it was far easier. Not sure why. Rocked them back and forth a bit, and they came out.

Use Caig GL-100 Pro Gold contact enhancer on the pins.  It will make the tubes easier to insert and remove along with improving the sound.

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #322 of 2,392

Quote:
Has the "hard to get out" tubes been fixed on the Lyr's now shipping?

I read that the next production of Lyr's would be much easier to pull the tubes.

Use some blue painters tape to fashion something for you to pull on and gently rock.

Take your time and they come right out with no fuss.

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #323 of 2,392
My Lyr was delivered a couple of hours ago. I let it burn through lunch, just plugged in my DT 990/600's and cranked it up. Way too soon to say too much; but I will say that I'm very much enjoying the sound. This amp really makes these cans sing. Very dynamic, good staging, fast. More to follow.

Mike

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #326 of 2,392

Quote:
My Lyr was delivered a couple of hours ago. I let it burn through lunch, just plugged in my DT 990/600's and cranked it up. Way too soon to say too much; but I will say that I'm very much enjoying the sound. This amp really makes these cans sing. Very dynamic, good staging, fast. More to follow.

Mike

My Lyr arrived yesterday.  Still burning it in here as well.  Initial impressions are very positive - it has plenty of juice to drive my HE-6 phones.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #328 of 2,392
Dear all,

Love to know there is a powerful amp now. May i know do anyone using it to drive other phones like the K340, K501 (due to its difficulty to drive) and other 600 ohm phones like HD800, Beyer 880/600ohm, 990//600ohm. etc.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #329 of 2,392

Quote:
Where can you find GL-100 Pro Gold?

I think amazon. However you may just want to use a eraser on your tube pins. pro gold may cause a build up in your sockets. I do use pure gold on my HE-6's pin that connects the cap to the cable, buy that is because pure gold acts as a lubricant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back