Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?
Mar 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #91 of 2,392

Quote:
I am very interested in that as well!

As am I.

Hey...has anyone noticed a jump in the Schiit in the FS/FT forum?  Seems Valhalla and Asgard owners are looking to upgrade to the Lyr...great deals to be had if you don't need the power or the 'latest and greatest'

Mar 5, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #92 of 2,392
As odd as it sounds, I'm hoping to see a rough comparison between the Lyr and the WA6SE with the LCD-2's. I know, completely different price points (500 vs 1,200), but with my LCD-2's hopefully shipping this month I'm trying to figure out if the WA is worth the extra $700.

But for that matter I'm just craaaaaazzy.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #93 of 2,392

Quote:
As odd as it sounds, I'm hoping to see a rough comparison between the Lyr and the WA6SE with the LCD-2's. I know, completely different price points (500 vs 1,200), but with my LCD-2's hopefully shipping this month I'm trying to figure out if the WA is worth the extra $700.

But for that matter I'm just craaaaaazzy.

I'm interested in this comparison too. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a WA6SE for an all-rounder, but the introduction of the Lyr has piqued my interest.

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #94 of 2,392
Will be an interesting comparison but I see the need for both. The Lyr covers off the need for power and gives you more time to save for the Woo 5. The Woo's are worth having for looks alone IMO. :rolleyes:

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #95 of 2,392

Quote:
Will be an interesting comparison but I see the need for both. The Lyr covers off the need for power and gives you more time to save for the Woo 5. The Woo's are worth having for looks alone IMO.
rolleyes.gif

That sounds like good advice!  Do keep in mind that in all likelihood, the Lyr will have more slam and authority, unless you use the K1K output, although this is just my speculation since I haven't heard the Lyr yet.

Mar 5, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #96 of 2,392
I can honestly say, unless by some lucky turn of events, will probably never own the Woo5, way too far out of my price range (not to mention I have other hobbies, ranging from tabletop gaming to coffee). That's one of the reasons I kinda want to see a comparison between the WA6SE and the Lyr, being that one's at the top end of my price range (and is known to pair nicely with the LCD-2's) while the other is at a nice middle ground.

Though I do admit, Woo gear looks beautiful, without a doubt.

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #97 of 2,392
I heard one today at our meet. Great little amp. i figured it would be bigger than that considering the power it puts out. It did stay relatively cool to the touch. Powerful enough to power any can that was thrown at it. A fun amp with good dynamics and control over the drivers.  It was missing some of the clarity and detail of some of the other amps, but all in all it is well worth its price

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #98 of 2,392

Quote:
I heard one today at our meet. Great little amp. i figured it would be bigger than that considering the power it puts out. It did stay relatively cool to the touch. Powerful enough to power any can that was thrown at it. A fun amp with good dynamics and control over the drivers.  It was missing some of the clarity and detail of some of the other amps, but all in all it is well worth its price

Were any of these other amps with "greater clarity and detail" cheaper than the Lyr by any chance?

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #99 of 2,392
I have the LCD-2's and the Woo WA6SE...anyone wanna lend me a Lyr for a proper heads up comparison?  It may happen anyway, but I'll have to wait til the next batch at least.

The Woo's are worth having for looks alone IMO.

You mean like this...

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #101 of 2,392

Quote:
Were any of these other amps with "greater clarity and detail" cheaper than the Lyr by any chance?

No. That why I think its a great deal. For the price of the lyr, its hard to find fault in it. This one had stock tubes and was only a few days old, so there is a possibility it will get even better with burn in and you can try rolling the tubes to try to get better clarity and detail. I find most stock tubes suck so there is room for improvement for sure with tube rolling.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #102 of 2,392
I'm REALLY hoping there will be one at the NY meet next weekend.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #103 of 2,392
Yup, I got to hear the LCD's on a Maxxed WA6SE and a stock unit. Plus I also own a W2 and a Lyr. I actually preferred the LCD's on the Lyr. Im not good for actual impressions but for my tastes as a Team Grado member I thought the brightness of the Lyr compared to the darker Woo made the LCD's sound more the way I prefer. When I get mine I think they will honestly spend more time on the Lyr. Of course I had limited time to listen and things could change but that was my initial impression at the meet. The Woo is more smooth though and sounded better with my Grados and DT880's IMO at this point. Both amps seem to be a good choice but the Woo is so smexy though I cant stop looking at it. I think anyone would be happy with either amp at this price point, I know I am.

Mar 6, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #105 of 2,392
People have said it was fine with Denons and Grados earlier in the thread.  How sensitive are you looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back