Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Mar 5, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #3,977 of 6,473
I currently have Ether Flows - AEON (on pre order) and am more than likely going to be getting Senmheiser hd800s soon as well, and using a mojo for a dac.

I'm so torn between getting this Schiit Jotunheim or the Liquid Carbon. I honestly can not make a decission it's so frustration especially because I cant audition the LC it's still available on the site (seriously wondering when this "final run" is ever gonna end lol) where's the jot is readily available everywhere.

I've seen a tear down of the LC as well and the internals look like really poor build quality for the price you pay as well,but I hear the sound is warmer and not as bright as the Jot then I hear they sound pretty much the same as each other with a bit more detail in the jot lol.

I'm really leaning toward the Jot though does it pair well with my headphones?

Edit: scratch all the above, I just pulled the trigger and bought a Jot. Price to performance, quality for for the $ value I couldn't help myself.

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #3,980 of 6,473
I have the HEK and the Focal Utopia with the Jotunheim and I have suspended any further search for amps and dacs for now.

:grinning:How i wish schiit built headphones for the price of jotunheim...and my search will be done.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #3,981 of 6,473
I currently have Ether Flows - AEON (on pre order) and am more than likely going to be getting Senmheiser hd800s soon as well, and using a mojo for a dac.

I'm so torn between getting this Schiit Jotunheim or the Liquid Carbon. I honestly can not make a decission it's so frustration especially because I cant audition the LC it's still available on the site (seriously wondering when this "final run" is ever gonna end lol) where's the jot is readily available everywhere.

I've seen a tear down of the LC as well and the internals look like really poor build quality for the price you pay as well,but I hear the sound is warmer and not as bright as the Jot then I hear they sound pretty much the same as each other with a bit more detail in the jot lol.

I'm really leaning toward the Jot though does it pair well with my headphones?

Edit: scratch all the above, I just pulled the trigger and bought a Jot. Price to performance, quality for for the $ value I couldn't help myself.

Im trying out ifi new itube 2 soon. See whether i can tune this jotunheim 's transparency. Both jot and itube2 is cheaper then LC i guess?:grin:. Itching to try the push pull on itube2. Also it can be use on speakers too.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #3,982 of 6,473
i´m triyng the jotunheim and honestlyi am not able to understand the essence of this amplifier. one day i love, one day i hate(preferring the xd-05). i bought one mojo for a complete compairison and to try the the mojo like dac for jot

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #3,983 of 6,473
http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-desktop-amps-dacs

Why is Jude telling us Jotunheim is $599 USD? This is a pretty egregious error. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #3,986 of 6,473
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 6, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #3,989 of 6,473
Anybody tried a chord mojo as a DAC with the jotunheim I'm wondering how you would hook it up as just as a dac with the jotunheim.

I'm just hearing way too many fabulous things about the dac in the chord Mojo supposably it's just phenomenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back