Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #138,137 of 150,258
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #138,139 of 150,258
2024, Chapter 2
Jason’s Law
  • Potential delays: miscounted inventory means you’re missing a critical part, like a thermal strip or binding posts; now you’re back 3-4 weeks. Argh. Or just nobody to build it at the time.
  • Potential delays: something wrong with the board, no manpower, etc.
  • Potential delays: as above, lack of labor.
  • Potential delays: labor, or an unexpected number of failures on burn-in.
  • Potential delays: shortage of boxes and inserts, missing manuals (yes, no kidding), staff shortage.
  • Potential delays: believe me, we try to do this as fast as possible, but again, box and insert shortage, human shortage, lots of stuff can derail this.
The Impact on Aegir 2
  • We have skilled employees doing complex work.
  • Whoever we hire deserves to have a steady job.
“But why can’t you plan for correct staffing levels?” someone asks. “I don’t see how that’s so hard?”

Simple: because schiit happens.
Referring to the underlined bits in the quoted text above:

@Jason Stoddard has Schiit ever looked into becoming a registered apprenticeship employer sponsor? DM if you would like more information.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #138,140 of 150,258
Biased lower. Runs cooler. Like Tyr. We learned how to make Continuity more efficient.
How is Continuity S different? Gjallarhorn certainly gives OG Aegir a run for its money. But that might be because my use case is with sensitive 16 ohm speakers. Probably only asking 1/4 Watt from a power amp. At such little power all the neat tricks might not even get used.

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #138,141 of 150,258
Dammit! Aegir 2 moved to top of my wish list. 🙄
Sounding better and better, for sure. As an aside, Aegir sounds like a great drinking buddy, his wife, Ran, not so much.

Has anyone discerned any rhyme or reason to how Schiit uses the names of Norse gods in their products?
Could/would Schiit come up with acoustic treatment products and name them after Ran, the thief? :wink:

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #138,142 of 150,258
While not mentioned in this latest chapter, I'm curious about the decision to make your own custom delta sigma DAC with the Gungnir 2 before making your own discrete R2R DAC, considering the R2R prevalence in the high end Schiit DACs (including the previous Gungnir). Was it to make a more diverse product range?

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #138,143 of 150,258
Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #138,144 of 150,258
Even I know that sometimes things are better left unsaid. :rolling_eyes:

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #138,145 of 150,258
Thank you. It's red. It's a Swingline.

The beer was a Delirium Noël... a Christmas gift from a friend. I followed it up these last two weeks with at least one two several of everything that they brew, as I've been at our HQ in (south) Ghent (a.k.a. Ledeberg), Belgium. The main Huyghe brewery is in Melle, about 8 km from my company's offices. This tiny country has more breweries per capita than just about any other place I've ever been... and some really excellent beers.

Glad to be heading home, though. Lichtfestival Gent 2024 started tonight, and there will be nearly one million people over-running this small city (50,000 population) across the next four days. It will be a bigger schiit-show than the summertime music & beer-drinking event, Gentse Feesten... but regardless, you've got to love this place.

IMG_1096-topaz.jpeg
Shot last night, this one is entitled "The Calm Before the Storm" :D

/ds
The Delerium Noël is terrific! World Market got gift sets of it, and then put them on clearance the day after Christmas, so I’m stocked. Their non-yule beers are also very very good, for a “young” brewery 😉.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #138,146 of 150,258
While not mentioned in this latest chapter, I'm curious about the decision to make your own custom delta sigma DAC with the Gungnir 2 before making your own discrete R2R DAC, considering the R2R prevalence in the high end Schiit DACs (including the previous Gungnir). Was it to make a more diverse product range?
Mike Moffat explained why they do integrated R2R instead of discrete R2R:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-572#post-14334167
He has long favored R2R but reconsidered his opinion of delta sigma in recent years, and has been working on it a long time. This post is from 2022:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip-its-been-robert-hunter.784471/post-16995835

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #138,147 of 150,258
This evening’s listen with DCA Aeon RT closed from Mjolnir 2 sporting 2 GE JAN 5670S and the requisite adapters. Yum!
1706771545917.png

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #138,148 of 150,258
Mike Moffat explained why they do integrated R2R instead of discrete R2R:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-572#post-14334167
He has long favored R2R but reconsidered his opinion of delta sigma in recent years, and has been working on it a long time. This post is from 2022:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip-its-been-robert-hunter.784471/post-16995835
"I used to think that ds designs sounded like a slapped ass." 😃

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #138,149 of 150,258
Oh? What benefit would that provide? I've used the same 8' long X2 cables since I got the speakers. How short would I need to go to get a benefit? I like being able to move the speakers out from the wall for listening and moving the speakers closer to the wall to keep my wife happy.
then you can hear the plankton :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 1, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #138,150 of 150,258
Thank you. It's red. It's a Swingline.

The beer was a Delirium Noël... a Christmas gift from a friend. I followed it up these last two weeks with at least one two several of everything that they brew, as I've been at our HQ in (south) Ghent (a.k.a. Ledeberg), Belgium. The main Huyghe brewery is in Melle, about 8 km from my company's offices. This tiny country has more breweries per capita than just about any other place I've ever been... and some really excellent beers.

Glad to be heading home, though. Lichtfestival Gent 2024 started tonight, and there will be nearly one million people over-running this small city (50,000 population) across the next four days. It will be a bigger schiit-show than the summertime music & beer-drinking event, Gentse Feesten... but regardless, you've got to love this place.

Shot last night, this one is entitled "The Calm Before the Storm" :D

/ds
Also home of the fabulous Ghent - Wevelgem cycle race in the spring - proper tough arsed racing !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back