Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 23, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #84,706 of 149,388
When I said 20 years ago that self driving cars would be a regular thing in 20 years, people looked at me like I was saying the world economy will collapse under the weight of speculation in 20 years. Hoping I'm a crazy man.
I'm partial to Doc Brown who stated, "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

JJ

Nov 23, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #84,707 of 149,388
82C31F0B-5674-43FB-A83B-893F5EADB4F6.jpeg
In the next few months I'll be wondering about magical 5U4G rectifiers for an incoming amp...
magical huh? :ksc75smile: I am currently running some vintage Tung Sols in a Cary amp that do quite well. There are Sylvania and RCA out there but finding a pair is not always easy. To be honest I do not hear a great deal of difference in rectifier tubes. I even have some hanging filament GE's Mr. Cowen sent me that are decent. Finnegan and Dweezil are helping me look.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #84,708 of 149,388
Engineers, gotta love them.
They have no problem saying "we cannot have a single point of failure" and also saying "we only need one PAAK server running because it's so robust" at the same time.

That, and all the "network engineers" that do not understand what it takes to make a reliable system on top of an inherently unreliable one. "Who needs timeouts?" "Why do all these freaking APIs return error codes? I never need them"
(welcome to my hell...)
I am a software engineer.
75% of my energy goes into fighting other software engineers to keep their Schiit simple.
I am not kidding.
In fact, it's probably more like 85% of my energy that goes into that, the remaining 15% goes into actually being productive myself.
And I mean "fighting" in the most literal (albeit non-violent) way. I have lost more jobs over this than I care to remember.

Doesn't matter if it's a concept, UI, UX, or code itself, "bigger" is always "better".
From the C suite down to the last code monkey in some dank basement somewhere, every last one of them has this never ceasing primal urge to justify their own existence within a project by out-complicating each other on whatever they touch.

As long as we live in a society that values competition, consume, and quantity over quality, we will keep getting the products we deserve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #84,709 of 149,388
I am a software engineer.
75% of my energy goes into fighting other software engineers to keep their Schiit simple.
I am not kidding.
In fact, it's probably more like 85% of my energy that goes into that, the remaining 15% goes into actually being productive myself.
And I mean "fighting" in the most literal (albeit non-violent) way. I have lost more jobs over this than I care to remember.

Doesn't matter if it's a concept, UI, UX, or code itself, "bigger" is always "better".
From the C suite down to the last code monkey in some dank basement somewhere, every last one of them has this never ceasing primal urge to justify their own existence within a project by out-complicating each other on whatever they touch.

As long as we live in a society that values competition, consume, and quantity over quality, we will keep getting the products we deserve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My son runs a couple teams and has similar issues.

I cannot hear the term "code monkey" without thinking of this song. :)

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #84,710 of 149,388
My son runs a couple teams and has similar issues.

I cannot hear the term "code monkey" without thinking of this song. :)

I just like to call them bitheads around here.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #84,711 of 149,388
82C31F0B-5674-43FB-A83B-893F5EADB4F6.jpeg
magical huh? :ksc75smile: I am currently running some vintage Tung Sols in a Cary amp that do quite well. There are Sylvania and RCA out there but finding a pair is not always easy. To be honest I do not hear a great deal of difference in rectifier tubes. I even have some hanging filament GE's Mr. Cowen sent me that are decent. Finnegan and Dweezil are helping me look.
Nice looking cats!

Somehow, I assumed that a hardcore tube enthusiast would have a matched pair of felines.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #84,716 of 149,388
@Baldr recommended The Romeros to me - outstanding as one would expect.
I'm a fan of Sharon Isbin.
Norbert Kraft has also been recommended to me. Haven't look for his stuff yet.
@artur9 ,
I would also suggest checking out Jason Vieaux. I have enjoyed listening to him live as well as on recordings. (And I have to second the recommendation for Sharon Isbin!!)

Cheers, Jim

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #84,717 of 149,388
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #84,718 of 149,388
Its here!!
Sweet!
Cant tell what the tube is that came with it. Markings missing except for 6BQ7 on the top in two places...no brand markings that I can see, Its really microphonic, but as long as u dont touch it, its fine..actually with my bright 420 ohm ADX 5000's its a really nice pairing....

Drives these 420 ohm cans on low gain painfully loud...

Alex
Audio BLASPHEMY!

How could you pair a $4299 set of headphones with a $149 amp!!
Final Audio D8000 Pros.
Seriously this little Vali 2 + is "Spanking" these cans!!
Really Sweet!
Just loving this!
LOL
Alex

20211123_092023.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back