Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #149,387 of 150,893
I was a Nitty Gritty dealer and have, in storage, a NIB 2.5fi in coca bola.
PM me if interested.\

Many. Cleaning and Drying records is not on the list however. 😛
Correct.
Clean one then play it and enjoy happy hour until it's time to clean and play another one.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #149,388 of 150,893
>snip<

About 15 years ago I switched to Apple computers for my home system. Over time I had a moderate library of songs and CD's download to the computer. I'm very much attuned to alternate takes and versions of songs, performances, and like obscure rare versions. and had a lot of those stored on the computer.
One day Apple music upgraded. Either I fell for the "you should always upgrade your computer" myth, or maybe Apple decided to 'help' me and do it for me.
Apple music seemed operate as if there was on a single version of any song or CD with the same name. It deleted any extras. Even CDs with the same title but by different artists and different songs.

Hmm. If I behave in fashion to ensure that when I die I will go to Hell, I can, um, "discuss" this with Steve Jobs.
Source of the problem: Apple music is run by geeks and techno-nerds, and go autistic when any input involving music, music appreciation, art etc. etc. comes their way.
Ugh, that story hurt my soul a little. You have every right to some righteous revenge.

Even the album credits on Apple Music reflect the fact that they are, as you say, tech nerds, not music nerds. Very minimal and uninformative in contrast to Qobuz. :triportsad:

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #149,389 of 150,893
IMG_4367.jpeg
This might be the best cheap RCM. The $135 Squeaky Clean MK-lll from Canada, shown next to my 1986 vintage Nitty Gritty 2.5fi.

https://squeakycleanvinyl.com/products/squeakycleanvinyl-mk-iii

I usually apply fluid on the Squeaky Clean MK-lll, and use the Nitty Gritty to dry. The Squeaky Clean can be used by itself with a small shop vac, but the Nitty Gritty’s vacuum is much quieter.
I already have a Barbara Streisand record I could use for the Squeaky Clean platter! HAHAHAHA!
Watch the video on their website for the feed into the joke. :wink:

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #149,391 of 150,893
I already have a Barbara Streisand record I could use for the Squeaky Clean platter! HAHAHAHA!
Watch the video on their website for the feed into the joke. :wink:
I had kind of forgotten about that! I just pulled up the platter mat on mine to find this.

IMG_4369.jpeg

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #149,392 of 150,893
I had kind of forgotten about that! I just pulled up the platter mat on mine to find this.

IMG_4369.jpeg
Haha, awesome!

The Streisand came into my possession as a lark from my local record store during Record Store Day when they used to slip in random old records into everyone's bags during checkout. Never knew what you were going to get! :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #149,394 of 150,893
Note to @sixergixer:

There’s indeed a problem using Chromecast from the Qobuz app. After finishing the song I posted above, selected another in the Qobuz app, played a bit and stopped. I suspect it is a Qobuz implementation of Chromecast. No other service has that problem.

No issues playing through the WiiM built-in Qobuz app (notice the FLAC metadata):

IMG_9485.jpeg

Qobuz has been working for a while on a direct connect hand-off pipeline. It has been a long gestation…

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #149,395 of 150,893
I'm in the market for a record cleaning machine and appreciate the input - any input actually. 😁
You can have mine when you get my turntable...

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #149,396 of 150,893
The record labels agree with you. Miloš has had contracts with Deutsche Grammophon, Decca Classics and Sony Classical. Very impressive resumé indeed. :)
It doesn't hurt to look like a movie star. Miloš is very talented, no doubt about that. However, classical guitar is a hard sell, and the record labels will only go for someone who they think is "marketable".

kjaxks13uilbc_300.jpg
0002894810718_300.jpg
0002894792494_300.jpg
0002894812311_300.jpg

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #149,397 of 150,893
1000002971.jpg

Finally getting the aquarium back on track (my other major expense... Sorry hobby)

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #149,398 of 150,893
Note to @sixergixer:

There’s indeed a problem using Chromecast from the Qobuz app. After finishing the song I posted above, selected another in the Qobuz app, played a bit and stopped. I suspect it is a Qobuz implementation of Chromecast. No other service has that problem.

No issues playing through the WiiM built-in Qobuz app (notice the FLAC metadata):

IMG_9485.jpeg

Qobuz has been working for a while on a direct connect hand-off pipeline. It has been a long gestation…
Thanks for pointing this out. My understanding, if I recall correctly, is that Chromecast is fairly old and maybe the Qobuz devs didn't dig deep enough to make it work slick whereas the WiiM devs did. And that pencils out as I've heard those peeps at WiiM are pretty skilled with software.

I am very eagerly awaiting Qobuz Connect.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #149,399 of 150,893
>snip<

About 15 years ago I switched to Apple computers for my home system. Over time I had a moderate library of songs and CD's download to the computer. I'm very much attuned to alternate takes and versions of songs, performances, and like obscure rare versions. and had a lot of those stored on the computer.
One day Apple music upgraded. Either I fell for the "you should always upgrade your computer" myth, or maybe Apple decided to 'help' me and do it for me.
Apple music seemed operate as if there was one a single version of any song or CD with the same name. It deleted any "extras." Even CDs with the same title but by different artists and different songs.

Hmm. If I behave in fashion to ensure that when I die I will go to Hell, I can, um, "discuss" this with Steve Jobs.
Source of the problem: Apple music is run by geeks and techno-nerds, who go autistic when any input involving music, music appreciation, art etc. etc. comes their way.
A few hours later I feel the need to apologize for the "go autistic" phrase. Mea culpa.:sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back