Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 27, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #149,416 of 151,091
The Schiit Happened Playlist 2024 is now live for Qobuz and Apple Music !
Please excuse if I didn’t get exactly the version/masters you wished for. Let me know if I can adjust from what is available on the 2 services above.
Expect a wild ride and - enjoy! :L3000:
Bugger me! Who knew you could import Qobuz playlists into Roon.

:wink:

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #149,417 of 151,091
1000002971.jpg
Finally getting the aquarium back on track (my other major expense... Sorry hobby)
That looks really pretty. I admire folks who can keep aquariums crystal clear like that. I have tried a few times over the years, but was never able to get it just right. That's a lot of work, time, and attention. Though it looks great when done right.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #149,418 of 151,091
>snip<

About 15 years ago I switched to Apple computers for my home system. Over time I had a moderate library of songs and CD's download to the computer. I'm very much attuned to alternate takes and versions of songs, performances, and like obscure rare versions. and had a lot of those stored on the computer.
One day Apple music upgraded. Either I fell for the "you should always upgrade your computer" myth, or maybe Apple decided to 'help' me and do it for me.
Apple music seemed operate as if there was one a single version of any song or CD with the same name. It deleted any "extras." Even CDs with the same title but by different artists and different songs.

Hmm. If I behave in fashion to ensure that when I die I will go to Hell, I can, um, "discuss" this with Steve Jobs.
Source of the problem: Apple music is run by geeks and techno-nerds, who go autistic when any input involving music, music appreciation, art etc. etc. comes their way.
This happened to me as well. I was furious because I sold those CDs after digitizing them... They're gone. And then after losing playlists that I spent time putting together; and rights management issues with versions going on and off outside of my control; and switching between Spotify, Tidal, and Amazon; I finally said "screw it" and started collecting vinyl again. Though I kept Amazon Music for the kid's phones and my car...

With vinyl, at least no "tech bro" can delete stuff from my library anymore because it is either not profitable to them or offends their sensibilities. While all formats have their pluses and minuses (see recent vinyl cleaning comments in this thread) at least with vinyl I now OWN my music instead of leasing it from a service. And my new Schiit Skoll makes it sound pretty wonderful.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #149,419 of 151,091
That's great!

You may have issues with regional availability, a couple aren't showing up for me, but that list looks very promising and eclectic.
If there’s a song unavailable - I can see if I can swap with another release that might be available. Let me know which ones are greyed out!

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #149,421 of 151,091
The Schiit Happened Playlist 2024 is now live for Qobuz and Apple Music !
Please excuse if I didn’t get exactly the version/masters you wished for. Let me know if I can adjust from what is available on the 2 services above.
Expect a wild ride and - enjoy! :L3000:
Good to see that Ministry made the list. I can guess who added that track. :)

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #149,422 of 151,091
I just leave my shop, listen to music and go back after a half hour of cleaning. Often I am trying the records that are now dry. I have another batch arriving next week then one or two batches after that. My personal albums from this time period (roughly mid sixties to early seventies) are not in the best of shape since many were played on lesser gear during parties and college roommates could be rough on them.🙄
I am certain that some adult refreshments were involved in wearing those grooves.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #149,423 of 151,091
That's par for the course for Kester.
Fortunately I have plenty of solder as well as soldering stations still new in the box. I ran my own business and provided work stations for four of my employees. Like many things in electronics you get in and get out when prices drop. I also have several quality magnifying lights with glass lenses.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #149,424 of 151,091
I am certain that some adult refreshments were involved in wearing those grooves.
Always🤪. For one party a buddy and I drove 1,000 miles round trip in a day to buy Coors beer when it was not available East of the Mississippi. We managed to fit eleven cases in a Porsche.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #149,426 of 151,091
Always🤪. For one party a buddy and I drove 1,000 miles round trip in a day to buy Coors beer when it was not available East of the Mississippi. We managed to fit eleven cases in a Porsche.
Porsche B, double E, double R, U, N -- Beer Run!!! :D

1714228085405.png

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #149,427 of 151,091
Would love to see one of your builds
I hope to help with cabinetry on one of them. IMG_6051.jpegIMG_6049.jpeg

This is 95% one of Sam’s builds. I use it to drive mini speakers.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #149,428 of 151,091
I hope to help with cabinetry on one of them.

This is 95% one of Sam’s builds. I use it to drive mini speakers.
Holy crap, that is awesome. Now that I've seen that and the Birdseye radials, they would look incredible paired together. I'm becoming the Birdseye version of @bcowen and his tiger maple

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #149,430 of 151,091
I even had Zach at ZMF make me a secret-menu Birdseye Salire
That maple on the headphones has spalting as will. With tiger maple the amount of eyes varies, just as do the amount of eyes in Birds Eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back