Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #149,431 of 151,162
That maple on the headphones has spalting as will. With tiger maple the amount of eyes varies, just as do the amount of eyes in Birds Eye.
ZMF stabilized sets are pure art. This one is an Atticus from last year's November special
Screenshot_2023-11-09_203304.png

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #149,432 of 151,162
Fortunately I have plenty of solder as well as soldering stations still new in the box. I ran my own business and provided work stations for four of my employees. Like many things in electronics you get in and get out when prices drop. I also have several quality magnifying lights with glass lenses.
With all of your "collecting' skills for tubes, soldering equipment, cables, woodworking, music, and cats, you must have a large warehouse on your property.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #149,433 of 151,162
ZMF stabilized sets are pure art. This one is an Atticus from last year's November special
I have done some of that work (epoxy resin) but not with headphone cups, I like the fact he uses real wood. I have heard Verite opens.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #149,434 of 151,162
With all of your "collecting' skills for tubes, soldering equipment, cables, woodworking, music, and cats, you must have a large warehouse on your property.
Not really, just two small outbuildings and one is my wife’s pottery studio, I get dirty looks if I try to sneak my things in there.🤪

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #149,435 of 151,162
Nice! Haven’t seen Rainbow fish in quite a while. I like your aquascaping. Perchance are you using a CO2 bubble counter setup for the plants? We sold our 65Gallon tank/stand when we moved to Texas in 2018 (I kept the lights, pumps, UV filter, main filters, etc.). Would love to re-setup, but unfortunately there is nowhere in this house for a large tank. (I learned many decades ago that the bigger the aquarium the easier it is to maintain both beauty and health-wise. Only room that is a maybe is actually the listening room, and I don’t want that noise in there…

Yours brings back memories!
Agreed! Gotta go all in (as in big tank) to ensure aquarium success, and an empty tank is at most risk - so it's kinda a tricky hobby.

Had a mid-light strength planted 135 gallon years ago, then slowed down to cichlids, and enjoyed both. Go look at the Amano books for gorgeous planted tanks. But the 135 didn't make the move to a house with all hardwoods....I would occasionally stop paying attention during a water change..hahahaha. Oopsie!

Growing up as a kid I had no interest in fish - can't play fetch with a fish! But life is so complicated as an adult these days - I need a relaxing hobby. .

But now I have my Schiit.

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #149,438 of 151,162
Small=~ >3000 sq ft.:laughing::laughing:
I am using in effect a two car garage for my shop. An electrician buddy wired it all for me at no charge, he also gave me cabinets that were received by a hospital as samples but never used. People like him caused me to help others when I can since I appreciated the selflessness.🤪

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #149,439 of 151,162
I am using in effect a two car garage for my shop. An electrician buddy wired it all for me at no charge, he also gave me cabinets that were received by a hospital as samples but never used. People like him caused me to help others when I can since I appreciated the selflessness.🤪
If you're using the garage for your shop, where do you park the Bentley? 🤣

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #149,440 of 151,162
Duh. There's a garage in the servants' quarters where the driver stays. 🙄

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #149,441 of 151,162
If you're using the garage for your shop, where do you park the Bentley? 🤣
Under a tree out back, Finnegan keeps the birds off of it.😸 I have a long driveway but could get two vehicles into the garage if need be. Even when working for others I always had a side business or two. For years I did electronics repair for pawn shops and even an insurance company who auctioned items they had paid claims on, once I got them going. Later on I just used profits to buy audio gear and finance investments.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #149,443 of 151,162
Yes, paying it forward is a rarity and I am trying to figure out what to do for a former co-worker who had some significant changes in his life - thinking maybe sending him a Magni Unity since he can't play guitar anymore . My house fire restored some of my faith in society, as the community response was AWESOME, compared to all the negativity out there. And this community in particular is very enjoyable and never contentious. One other (former) hobby that I think had a very agreeable community at large was watch aficionados of all things. watchuseek.com was a regular for me before-Covid, as its a good man-hobby to counter the lady's love of jewelry.

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #149,444 of 151,162
Seriously I use distilled water and a high quality surfactant to help remove anything unwanted from the grooves. (Technically it is just one groove per side that goes round and round.😁)
Which surfactant are you using? I had started researching them and it seems like quite the rabbit hole with opinions on what work best.

Apr 27, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #149,445 of 151,162

Users who are viewing this thread

Back