Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 1, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #54,211 of 153,539
@Vtsailor ... the MacMini is a good choice ... I use mine exclusively for audio. Have you considered a refurb model on Amazon ... there are some reputable dealers

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #54,213 of 153,539
But it's solid state. Doesn't even need a power switch. Now moving the power switch to the front on tubed components...that would make me as happy as a pig in schiit. :smile:

Some people would argue for switches on solid state gear, so they can save $2 a year and the planet.:grinning:

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #54,216 of 153,539
I love things that fall outside the norm in general. Hell, I'm 6'2" and I drive a little red Fiat 500 Abarth hatchback. It's my baby, and screw it if it's not a typical "man's" vehicle. Sounds like a mini Ferrari too, right out of the factory. Go against the grain, I say.
I believe that there are two types of relationships that people have with their cars. The more common type is as extension of yourself. Which in males is the need to get a "man' s car. " I personally prefer cars a bit like my women, petite and energetic.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #54,219 of 153,539
Some people would argue for switches on solid state gear, so they can save $2 a year and the planet.:grinning:

Now extrapolate for the 10's of 1,000s Schitt has likely sold. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #54,220 of 153,539
But it's solid state. Doesn't even need a power switch. Now moving the power switch to the front on tubed components...that would make me as happy as a pig in schiit. :smile:
I bet @Jason Stoddard would do that for the Lyr 3+ :wink:
Add black color option or (even better) black & red - and I am upgrading my Lyr 3 !!!

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #54,222 of 153,539
This is not directly related to Schiit but will likely end up using some of their equipment. My cousin loves to listen to music but due to a degenerative disease he has lost a goodly portion of his eyesight and can no longer read CD cases to select his music. He can see well enough to navigate on the large iPad he has though. What would be the least expensive option for storing his CD’s that would allow him to select them via his iPad and then connect to his stereo? I was thinking of the Schiit Modi for the DAC but the only solution for the storage that I’m familiar with is to use a Mac mini. That’s a bit much for his budget, are there more economical choices out there?

Thank you and best holiday wishes to all.
Ray

An older Mac Mini will work just fine and be quite affordable.

Edit: Ah. @Charente beat me to it.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #54,224 of 153,539
I believe that there are two types of relationships that people have with their cars. The more common type is as extension of yourself. Which in males is the need to get a "man' s car. " I personally prefer cars a bit like my women, petite and energetic.
And therefore you drive...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back