1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. ev666il
    I feel the same way.

One of the reasons I like Schiit as much as I do is their constant commitment to innovating rather than putting out another "me too" product, to adopt Jason's own terminology. There's something fancifully satisfying in knowing my amplifier sports a unique topology realized with discrete circuitry. Actual effort went into designing and developing the product, and it's not just the same as my neighbor's in a different chassis.

The same is true of Schiit's True Multibit DACs.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. bobbmd
    @Jason I have 2 Black Beauty's the Ragnarok 2 just the amp and Yggdrasil GS-- don't know how you could improve on either one and that amp is one 'SCHIITFULL' OF A HEADPHONE AMP-- thank you ( AND my CFO for letting me buy them!) bobbmd

ev666il and bcowen like this.
  3. vladpetric
    Get them both and do a blind test :)

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  4. bcowen
    LOL! You dastardly deed-er. That'll crash and burn the whole system and wreck everything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Ripper2860
    You know what would really be HERESY!!! Power Switch on the FRONT!!! :D (Just kidding)

Maybe a future Magni Heresy+ will have 2 inputs and a integrated passive switcher. Look at all the PCB room created by going op-amps and another set of inputs would fit nicely on back with Power or Gain switch upfront. :wink:

6. ScubaMan2017
    Is there any appetite for streamling the voltages requirements among my little brushed silver boxes? I also miss the ...?...VAC jack label. My audio nervosa flares up whenever I mismatch inputs between my Magi, Loki, EITR, and MODI. :ksc75smile:
    Thankfully, I'm moving onto bigger boxes like the Asgard XYZ, Bifrost ZYX, ... and eventually a Gungnir YXZ ... or heavens-to-Betsy ... a Saga ZXY. :deadhorse: . No wall nor floor warts. Nice.
    {{{{{I'm really trying to avoid doing Sunday marking right now... ice storm blowing through the GTA.... yeek}}}}}.

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  7. Timster
    Grammatically, "Auto-Correct and I" would be correct English, at least as far as I was tort.

And look, it messed up again for you, leaving out the closing parentheses :ksc75smile:

(and my spelling of taught was deliberate :) )

Roy G. Biv, Ripper2860 and bcowen like this.
  8. bcowen
    But it's solid state. Doesn't even need a power switch. Now moving the power switch to the front on tubed components...that would make me as happy as a pig in schiit. :smile:

9. AndreYew
    You could measure outdoors too! When Linkwitz was looking for low distortion dynamic drivers for his dipole designs, that’s what he did.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/mid_dist.htm

Those are midrange drivers driven above 115dB SPL at 150 Hz and 800 Hz. It’s interesting to see that the best midrange at the very challenging 150Hz signal (due to the large excursion needed for its relatively small cone area) had distortion products some 50dB below the main signal, and that performance is bested by the driver he ultimately chose for his follow-on speaker, and no doubt has been bettered a bit today by newer drivers. He’s done similar burst testing for tweeters too.

bcowen likes this.
  10. Ripper2860

2 words: Global Warming, dipshit!! :unamused:

Whoops. I guess that's actually 3 words. :smirk:

Rensek and bcowen like this.
  11. Ripper2860

SON OF A *****!!! :rage:

(Yep. Back on my PC keyboard.) :smirk:

GearMe and bcowen like this.
  12. bcowen
    You spelled dipschiit wrong. Try and remember what thread you're posting to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Vtsailor
    This is not directly related to Schiit but will likely end up using some of their equipment. My cousin loves to listen to music but due to a degenerative disease he has lost a goodly portion of his eyesight and can no longer read CD cases to select his music. He can see well enough to navigate on the large iPad he has though. What would be the least expensive option for storing his CD’s that would allow him to select them via his iPad and then connect to his stereo? I was thinking of the Schiit Modi for the DAC but the only solution for the storage that I’m familiar with is to use a Mac mini. That’s a bit much for his budget, are there more economical choices out there?

Thank you and best holiday wishes to all.
    Ray

14. Charente
    @Vtsailor ... the MacMini is a good choice ... I use mine exclusively for audio. Have you considered a refurb model on Amazon ... there are some reputable dealers

bcowen likes this.
  15. scottbrown5271
    That will actually make up for the people who order both, do a case swap because they like the new colors, and send back the leftovers...

bcowen likes this.