1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Zojokkeli
    AWD would be a killer, err.. lifesaver feature in the winter. I’ll probably switch to a V60 plug-in hybrid with AWD when we make some kids.

bcowen likes this.
  2. EricDH
    Nice to see this point being defended by an Italian.

3. audio philestine
    Also, available in silver to match Schiit Classic:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WT7PYO/

[​IMG]
    I say once you put a scorpion badge on it, it's a man's car. I thought this was a minority opinion, but there seems to be a lot of support on this thread for it. [me- 6'3", bmw 135i coupe]

Also wanted to add, it looks like there are price drops on the "Last Call" items on the Schiit website, including Eitr for $99. Get 'em before they're gone forever...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:11 AM
  4. Derrick Swart
    Actually Holland is not incorrect. It's an informal way of naming this small country with a big taste. Us Dutch are not known for being very formal

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:10 AM
    bcowen and Old Deaf Donkey like this.
  5. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I guess that depends on whom you speak to.

S-S-MR, bcowen and Old Deaf Donkey like this.
  6. yonson
    Damn, why are the Schiit shipping rates all over the map???

I ordered a Hel last night and the cheapest (USPS) was $15.99, I just ordered a Magni3 Heresy and USPS was even more, but FedEx was under $14?

bcowen and Rensek like this.
  7. BagelJoe
    I drive a V60 AWD here in Colorado. Not a hybrid unfortunately. Drives great up to the mountains and never a problem with snowy/icy conditions. We let the kids make kids now, just enjoying the grandkids.

Zojokkeli and Paladin79 like this.
  8. Zojokkeli
    I just turned 30 earlier this year so there's still plenty of time for me to make kids, and practice making them, too. :darthsmile:

BagelJoe likes this.
  9. Ableza
    I saw Doug and the Slugs playing in Nanaimo in about 83...

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  10. JohnnyCanuck
    Were you involved in something at Nanoose Bay at the time? Just wondering

JC

ScubaMan2017 and Ableza like this.
  11. Ableza
    Yep. Submarine weapons test firing range.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  12. BagelJoe
    I remember those days!! LOL My kids are 12 and 15 years older than you.

tafens, bcowen and Old Deaf Donkey like this.
  13. HK_sends
    *Deleted* due to derailed train of logic...

Cheers!:beerchug:
    -HK sends

Please disregard everything after "Hello"...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    yonson and judson_w like this.
  14. Alexnova
    Hey Jason, is the preamp thunderdome over? Are all the preamps staying? Freya+ atill the runaway winner?

Rensek likes this.
  15. Rensek
    Some speculation ahead.

Im thinking that there is some kind of algorithm they use to determine shipping rates. Based upon value of the item, plus size, plus weight, plus shape, and distance. I think Schiit might also be adding a minimal processing and handling charge as well.

I play around with adding items to my cart from time to time, and I'm often confused by the pricing. Seems like shipping rates for single items has increased a bit, but grouped items hasn't increased by the same amount.

USPS seems to be much pricier then it used be.

Its cheaper shipping wise to ship me Vidar saga+, loki, modi 3, and some tubes, then it is to ship an Aegir and Bifrost 2, by almost 20 bucks.

It's almost 5 dollars more expensive to ship a Bifrost 2 then a Bifrost 4490.

2 dollars more expensive to ship Aegir over Vidar.

Probably insurance costs.

Flat rate shipping would be nice, but that would probably cause wholesale price increases.

Tradeoffs eh?

Moral of the story, buy as much Schiit in the same order as you can.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 3:19 PM