1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Tim van der Leeuw
    What's your (his) budget?

How about a BlueNode Vault -- it will read his CDs, store them internally, and via the iPad app he can play them.

Or any streaming solution...?

Charente likes this.
  2. tesarpa
    Raspberry Pi w/ Volumio. Works great, cheap, small...

3. KoshNaranek
    This was really a discussion about cars and psychology but since you asked: Focus ST

Mad Lust Envy likes this.
  4. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    I was gonna say you were either a Focus or Golf man. :grin:

Hot hatches are life.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    scottbrown5271 and KoshNaranek like this.
  5. JLoud
    Just sold my Focus ST. Loved it but needed something bigger. So I bought an Edge ST. Not the same but better than a minivan.

Rensek and yonson like this.
  6. Ripper2860
    Mine have been very sporadic for some time now. Sometimes I get them -- often times I do not. Checked SPAM folder and nothing there from HF.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  7. yonson
    I really wanted an RS, but I wasn't going to pay the RS tax...

I ended up getting a killer deal on an AWD Hyundai Kona, not as peppy as an ST or RS, however it's not awful and has an amazing warranty for a DD...

8. wout31
    Wouldn't know how to deal with non linear ambient noise and wind noise outdoors. Have read that before, but I have no clue how they manage that. Maybe in the middle of Australian outback? :ksc75smile:

Tim van der Leeuw, gljus and AndreYew like this.
  9. audio philestine
    Ah, another Fruvous fan! They put on a great live show, too. Tight rhythms, good harmony, and a lot of energy and fun. A lot of their shows have achieved cloud-immortality on the Live Music Archive: https://archive.org/details/MoxyFruvous, including a show I taped back in the day (https://archive.org/details/mfruvous1995-10-24). I had the honor of being the "seed" on an old 90's tradition of a "tape tree" (https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mleone/gdead/faq/tape-trees.html) on that one. Check out the stereo imaging in "Spider Man" as the singer leaps around the in the crowd while singing, an old favorite of mine.

[as always, I give all the credit to the musicians, if I managed to get a nice recording, it was due to their skill, and only sheer luck on my part].

bcowen likes this.
  10. Zojokkeli
    It’s no Abarth, but I got a bitchin’ Volvo C30. Had my mother’s old Toyota Starlet before that, too.

yonson and KoshNaranek like this.
  11. gljus
    Ambient noise in Netherlands ‘round this time of year :ksc75smile:

B317C873-DD86-4F56-8E35-81BA8E7966DD.jpeg

12. yonson
    I really liked those, but Volvo kept teasing an AWD version, but never released one (in the states at least) :frowning2:

13. Tim van der Leeuw
    It works, but browsing your collection is not so convenient I find. Some parts of the UI use convenient and large elements, other parts use small font by default.

It's cheap so it's worth trying, especially if the CD collection is already digitized or if somebody can help with that, and if it doesn't work out it's not a lot of money spent.

14. ScubaMan2017
    Damn! I'm surprised to find another Fruvous fan. Right up there with the Arrogant Worms. Live Bait , for the win. :ksc75smile:

15. leonthebumme
    I love the Arrogant Worms!

bcowen and ScubaMan2017 like this.