1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Gazny
    Any update on the RCA add-in cards? Haven't seen them restocked in a while. Personally I would like to remove a sys from my system with a add-in card.

2. audio philestine
    I'm curious too. I was looking to add one to my (non-dac) asgard 3 so I could actually use the input select switch, but they disappeared from the Schiit site the day before I ordered (and confirmed with sales that they were gone). No word yet, but I'll probably add one in if they ever appear again.

thebmc and Gazny like this.
  3. Ripper2860
    @Jason Stoddard -- Amazon has the Saga v1.0 for $349 and a $50 off coupon, so net is $299 (and the seller is Schiit, BTW). I thought Schiit had gone through the Saga v1.0 inventory, so if I buy the Amazon Saga v1.0, will I get a Saga+ instead? :wink:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Roy G. Biv, yonson and bcowen like this.
  4. jnak00
    Pure speculation on my part - there were some fitment issues with the Asgard 3 and I suspect they got pulled because of that. While not overly difficult, installing the RCA card in my Asgard 3 took more steps than I expected. I had to pull the whole board out of the chassis to get the card to fit. I can see this causing problems with some customers.

To fix the issue (if it's even fixable) would require a small revision on the card. I believe moving the RCA jacks down a few mm on the card might solve the problem. Since the RCA card is used in the Ragnarok 2, they may be waiting to deplete their current supply before fixing it.

5. bcowen
    Same here.

6. PioBeer
    S-S-MR, Rensek, Gazny and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ripper2860
    Very interesting. Still a lot of Schiit-Haters there, but maybe a relationship with Amir and good results on his testing will finally knock some sense into the haters.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    S-S-MR, yonson and bcowen like this.
  8. A Jedi
    I doubt it. It will be more like "hey look Schiit finally learned how to make a decent product. Still just one though. And it took a decade of learning from Chi-fi".

I'll take what the Schiitheads make over well-measuring Chi-Fi any day. Not because the Chinese are unable to make good sounding equipment - rather because they engineer to specs and nothing else.

S-S-MR, liamo, linuxjacques and 6 others like this.
  9. Ripper2860
    Yeah -- Haters gonna Hate!! :unamused:

S-S-MR, Rensek, yonson and 1 other person like this.
  10. KoshNaranek
    ScubaMan2017, S-S-MR, liamo and 8 others like this.
  11. ScubaMan2017

Slugology 101!

You were in Nanaimo in 1983? That's a navy town. I spent several summers at HMCS Quadra. Whenever I went to cadet camp, I always craned my neck as we went past those docks. I suspect one of those mysterious, matt-black fish (Das Boot?) in the Esquimalt harbour was your... what... home? :ksc75smile:

Ableza likes this.
  12. ScubaMan2017
    Nanoose Bay?! That's indeed an intriguing location. I assume the bay floor's criss-crossed with copper control wires for "the fish". Love it.

13. jsiegel14072
    I guess it would be Oxygen free at the bottom of the bay, but probably still would be better with Cooked Silver

yonson and GearMe like this.
  14. tekprimehifi
    With the belt slippage issues on the Sol, why not turn a grove into the outer edge of the platter?

15. Ableza
    I like this. :)

liamo, motberg, Jheal and 1 other person like this.