Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 4, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #43,503 of 149,341
I feel the same way about my Mimby DAC and Vali 2 HP amp... Like the old Oldsmobile with a 454 under the hood.
That sounds pretty insulting to me, I prefer to think of the small Schiits as being like Lotus Sevens. Lightweight steel chassis, minimal Aluminium bodywork, high performance - low cost.

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #43,504 of 149,341
That sounds pretty insulting to me, I prefer to think of the small Schiits as being like Lotus Sevens. Lightweight steel chassis, minimal Aluminium bodywork, high performance - low cost.
Except for the "breaking down all the time" thing, I like your analogy. :)

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #43,506 of 149,341
Except for the "breaking down all the time" thing, I like your analogy. :)
Hey!
It was my daily drive (not too good in the snow I'll admit).
It only "broke down" once, I was a bit over-enthusiastic with the revs pulling away at traffic lights and the standard Ford alternator pulley exploded.
I replaced it with a welded steel one and all was well :thumbsup:

apart from the holes and dents made by the pulley shrapnel

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #43,507 of 149,341
seven.jpg
Metaphors, analogies, I like my Schiit, and if anyone was seriously offended by my choice of vehicles to describe my Schiit, so sorry.
They say if your only tool is a hammer, then the world looks like nails.

If your music library is primarily 16/44, as mine is, then a Schiit Multibit DAC will make those files sound as good as is possible. The funny name, the antics of the co-founders, and the rest are just thick icing on a very good cake. I always heard that you could always identify a British motorcar, just following the oil drippings...:oncoming_automobile::red_car::race_car::nerd::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #43,510 of 149,341
How can there be a Lotus 7 that doesn't have the license KAR120C ?

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #43,514 of 149,341

Users who are viewing this thread

Back