1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. RickB
    nvm

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    the finisher likes this.
  2. ScubaMan2017
    Interesting observation, @Rensek . My gut feeling is Schiit wants to attract new clientele (as us 49+ year olds start dying off). I suspect North American & European teenagers have some of the highest disposable income (...though.... my CDN generation carries some of the greatest consumer debt [took us about a decade to dig ourselves out of it]). My hunch is market disrupters like Schiit want to introduce (comparatively) inexpensive HiFi gear to younger audiences, in hopes of building consumer loyalty (which Schiit-heads definitely are). Is Schiit hoping one of them sticks? Nah, I think that's shrewd marketing.

From cradle to grave. Just like a good neighbour, Schiit Audio will be there. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

3. Ableza
    It translates as "Spam"

4. Jheal
    I just selected a few words and pasted them into Google Translate. It’s an advert for gambling so I’ve reported it.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  5. Robert Padgett
    The concept of "less is more" is in direct opposition to the "the Me Generation" who valued the collection of expensive objects to establish the pecking order. The Cooper Mini is a prime example of "less is more". Schiit audio gear serves a population who grew up eschewing the "Yuppie" ethic of being 'one up' on the Jones. A Ferrari and an F-150 are both gas-powered vehicles. If the task is attracting beautiful young supermodels in LA, or hauling firewood to your off the grid cabin, each has its place. Schiit does not care for the wealthy class who buy trinkets to impress their friends. What they deliver is a good old pick-up truck, which in the long run is a practical choice.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    the finisher likes this.
  6. JohnnyCanuck
    Well, my Vidar may well be a good old pick-up truck but it certainly runs like a Ferrari.

JC

7. Robert Padgett
    I feel the same way about my Mimby DAC and Vali 2 HP amp... Like the old Oldsmobile with a 454 under the hood.

ScubaMan2017 and JohnnyCanuck like this.
  8. valiant66
    2900 pages and still going... quite the thread, eh?

the finisher likes this.
  9. Yethal
    People bringing their own gear to the Schiitrmeet be like:
    p01fwg3f.jpg

Can't wait to see pictures of 20 jotunheims stacked on top of each other

ScubaMan2017, Rowethren and RickB like this.
  10. RCBinTN
    LOL ... try this one.

Germany Liberated.jpg

RickB likes this.
  11. US Blues
    My Yggy 2 is the USS Enterprise- going where no DAC has gone before.

12. Ableza
    Pickup truck, Ferrari, VW Beetle or Farilane, just use the right tool for the job. That's why I like single-purpose gear.

13. KoshNaranek
    Jeez! You sound just like my father. No wonder that I internally voice you that way.

14. alpovs
    I am curious how this is determined. By IP addresses? LOL Even when you order it's hard to find out your age unless a credit check is done. LOL again.

15. Ableza
    I am honored. :)

ScubaMan2017, liamo, RCBinTN and 5 others like this.