Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 5, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #43,516 of 150,618
So I live in the icebox of America, it's fricken cold up here, and my office is cold as Schiit. No lie, I've been using my Schiit stack as a hand warmer the past few weeks. My company has a strict no space heater policy, and while I could break it without getting caught, I'm a manager and probably shouldn't. I sent my Vidar in for warranty repair last week, and I think ill be putting it in my office when gets back to me (at least till it warms up). I snagged some Elac B6 2.0 when they were half of on Amazon. Should make a nice office heater/stereo system.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #43,517 of 150,618
upload_2019-2-5_15-51-0.jpeg

Too+damn+cold_ba1c2e_4881829.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #43,519 of 150,618
So I live in the icebox of America, it's fricken cold up here, and my office is cold as Schiit. No lie, I've been using my Schiit stack as a hand warmer the past few weeks. My company has a strict no space heater policy, and while I could break it without getting caught, I'm a manager and probably shouldn't. I sent my Vidar in for warranty repair last week, and I think ill be putting it in my office when gets back to me (at least till it warms up). I snagged some Elac B6 2.0 when they were half of on Amazon. Should make a nice office heater/stereo system.
Great plan. You could go with a big tube or class A amp for more warmth.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #43,521 of 150,618
Great plan. You could go with a big tube or class A amp for more warmth.

Yes, a Valhalla 2 would work wonders!

Yeah, I've been kicking around the idea of an Asgard as my next HP amp. Valhalla would be great except I don't want to invest time and money in getting 4 matched tubes. One tube via saga or vali is more to my liking.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #43,522 of 150,618
Yeah, I've been kicking around the idea of an Asgard as my next HP amp. Valhalla would be great except I don't want to invest time and money in get 4 matched tubes. One tube via saga or vali is more to my liking.

A Valhalla did not work for me in Florida because it was too hot.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #43,523 of 150,618
A Valhalla did not work for me in Florida because it was too hot.

I'm wondering if @Jason Stoddard has considered adding a HP out to the Aegir, taking it from the main speaker output a la Ragnarok. Low enough wattage on Aegir, it would be as safe as doing it on Ragnarok right?

That would be another toasty amp, double your pleasure too.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #43,524 of 150,618
I'm wondering if @Jason Stoddard has considered adding a HP out to the Aegir, taking it from the main speaker output a la Ragnarok. Low enough wattage on Aegir, it would be as safe as doing it on Ragnarok right?

That would be another toasty amp, double your pleasure too.

Might be a bit like hunting squirrels with a howitzer...?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #43,525 of 150,618

What was wrong with your Vidar?

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #43,526 of 150,618
Might be a bit like hunting squirrels with a howitzer...?

True but it sounds like fun . :fearful:

Emotiva does this with the A-100.
They put a jumper there to keep you from melting your headphones in case you're not aware of the full power that it will give you.

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #43,527 of 150,618
True but it sounds like fun . :fearful:

Emotiva does this with the A-100.
They put a jumper there to keep you from melting your headphones in case you're not aware of the full power that it will give you.

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to reply in fear of scaring certain members...

However I do agree that it would be an interesting experiment with the Aegir that is, not the more fun one...

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #43,529 of 150,618
Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #43,530 of 150,618
... I sent my Vidar in for warranty repair last week, and I think ill be putting it in my office when gets back to me (at least till it warms up).
I have a vidar in a cold room... It's still a cold room :) I'm going to have to play my music much louder. Class A is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back