1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. jimmers
    That sounds pretty insulting to me, I prefer to think of the small Schiits as being like Lotus Sevens. Lightweight steel chassis, minimal Aluminium bodywork, high performance - low cost.

Byronb, barondla and Seret like this.
  2. Ableza
    Except for the "breaking down all the time" thing, I like your analogy. :)

sam6550a, Byronb, barondla and 4 others like this.
  3. Seret
    Well, Colin Chapman designed his cars for speed, not longevity or durability.

RCBinTN and Ableza like this.
  4. jimmers
    Hey!
    It was my daily drive (not too good in the snow I'll admit).
    It only "broke down" once, I was a bit over-enthusiastic with the revs pulling away at traffic lights and the standard Ford alternator pulley exploded.
    I replaced it with a welded steel one and all was well :thumbsup:

apart from the holes and dents made by the pulley shrapnel

5. Robert Padgett
    seven.jpg
    Metaphors, analogies, I like my Schiit, and if anyone was seriously offended by my choice of vehicles to describe my Schiit, so sorry.
    They say if your only tool is a hammer, then the world looks like nails.

If your music library is primarily 16/44, as mine is, then a Schiit Multibit DAC will make those files sound as good as is possible. The funny name, the antics of the co-founders, and the rest are just thick icing on a very good cake. I always heard that you could always identify a British motorcar, just following the oil drippings...:oncoming_automobile::red_car::race_car::nerd::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  6. US Blues
    [​IMG]

7. Otheronek
    USB that was funny and so friggin true.... I could hear my wife saying that exact thing...lol

8. Bazile
    How can there be a Lotus 7 that doesn't have the license KAR120C ?

9. jimmers
    NO6 would have done me,
    mine (a S2 Super Seven like KAR120C) was 3VKO, 3MAN would have been better. :wink:

10. Timster
    C3PO?

:beerchug:

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  11. ScottFree
    Be Seeing You

12. Rowethren
    You are number 6... I am not a number, I am a free man!!!

audio philestine likes this.
  13. jimmers
    NO6 and 3MAN
    :ok_hand:

the finisher likes this.
  14. Rensek
    So I live in the icebox of America, it's fricken cold up here, and my office is cold as Schiit. No lie, I've been using my Schiit stack as a hand warmer the past few weeks. My company has a strict no space heater policy, and while I could break it without getting caught, I'm a manager and probably shouldn't. I sent my Vidar in for warranty repair last week, and I think ill be putting it in my office when gets back to me (at least till it warms up). I snagged some Elac B6 2.0 when they were half of on Amazon. Should make a nice office heater/stereo system.

15. the finisher
    upload_2019-2-5_15-51-0.jpeg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019