Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 26, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #149,341 of 150,789
All of that work will keep you out of trouble.:L3000:
I managed to stay hidden when a gentleman showed up to buy 350 lbs of clay my wife sold him. I avoided that trouble. :beerchug:

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #149,342 of 150,789
nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #149,343 of 150,789
Very cool, notice I used pin protectors instead of styrofoam like someone complained about earlier.🤪 I am in the process of doing an ultrasonic cleaning on a large group of vinyl records prior to putting them in rice paper sleeves and adding album cover protectors.
IMG_7834.jpeg
I don't see the filtration system for your US tank. Probably just not in the picture. 🤣

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #149,344 of 150,789
We can get some occasionally violent thunderstorms on the High Desert but very rarely anything that would excite a seasoned chaser.

Although, a few years ago we had a storm roll through that provided my very first glimpse of that eerie green light I've heard about. [Caused by sunlight being filtered through dense quantities of hail, I think I read?] that was fairly cyclical in nature. No tornado but there was a significant downdraft that caused some localized structure damage just north of us.

Was absolutely spectacular to watch!!!
When you see the green pea soup in Texas it's time to hit the storm shelter, coz ugly is coming. Don't hang around to watch it.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #149,345 of 150,789
I don't see the filtration system for your US tank. Probably just not in the picture. 🤣
You big city guys have no idea what I have to put up with, I have to haul the water from a stream in wooden buckets. Filtered water? Every now and then I have to remove a frog or tadpole or small snake. Can that be considered filtering?😁

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #149,346 of 150,789
When you see the green pea soup in Texas it's time to hit the storm shelter, coz ugly is coming. Don't hang around to watch it.
Tornado Time in Texas by Guy Clark..

Well the sky was blacker than a funeral suit
Hotter than a depot stove
Hide in the cellar
Here comes Amarillo
Blowin' up the road
Ya got yer hail stones big as hen eggs, boys
Clouds as green can be
Old Mother Nature, raisin' hell
She parked a pickup in a tree
Tornado time in Texas
Take the paint right off of your barn
Tornado time in Texas
Blow the tattoo off of your arm
Now when pigs fly, no I mean, really fly
You can bet that it's blowin' hard
Uncle Clarence was sittin' in the outhouse
Now he's sitting in the yard
Granny's got the barn cat under her arm
She's got a dish pan over her head
Daddy's countin' kids, four, five, six
He better bring a loaf of bread
Tornado time in Texas
Will take the paint right off of your barn
Tornado time in Texas
Blow the tattoo off your arm
Hidin' in the cellar with the cannin' jars
Sounds like a train up top
Hold your breath and peek outside
To see what we ain't got
Well it'll take your wheat, take your corn
Even take your cotton balls
Suck Red River just as dry as a bone
And dump it on Wichita falls
Tornado time in Texas
Take the paint right off of your barn
Tornado time in Texas
The tattoo off of your arm

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #149,347 of 150,789
You big city guys have no idea what I have to put up with, I have to haul the water from a stream in wooden buckets. Filtered water? Every now and then I have to remove a frog or tadpole or small snake. Can that be considered filtering?😁
Oh good grief. Every audiophile knows you only carry water from the stream in a stainless steel bucket, not wood. Unless it's a maple bucket, which will likely make things sound even better. 🤣

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #149,348 of 150,789
I've got a bunch of joints cleaned and lubed, things happen when I turn switches. However I downloaded a strobe to my phone and the unit runs fast at all speeds. The pitch control is maxed out and doesn't help enough. I've read the manual several times and can't discern what the recommended procedure is. Apparently I need to raise/lower the speed spindle but I can't figure out how. Also I need a new trim ring for the platter mat, need to reattach the platter mat (or not... gravity works), the circlip that keeps the platter down is missing, and there's no single play spindle, just the one for stacking multiple LPs.

Oh, and I need a new needle for the M75ED 2 cartridge - apparently discontinued.

Ideally I'd like to get another cartridge sled and mount a 78 cartridge on it. I haven't done the research as to whether they are discontinued too... I've got about 50 78s I picked up at a garage sale that I haven't been able to listen to yet.
Is the idler wheel traveling up and down smoothly when you change speeds?
There are plenty of aftermarket styli available for that cartridge.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #149,350 of 150,789
Oh good grief. Every audiophile knows you only carry water from the stream in a stainless steel bucket, not wood. Unless it's a maple bucket, which will likely make things sound even better. 🤣
I've always found stainless buckets to be too analytical. I dig the warmth of wood.

And never ever ever those lossy plastic buckets! 🤮

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #149,351 of 150,789
I've always found stainless buckets to be too analytical. I dig the warmth of wood.

Seriously I use distilled water and a high quality surfactant to help remove anything unwanted from the grooves. (Technically it is just one groove per side that goes round and round.😁)

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #149,352 of 150,789
Headed out and about to get dinner and drinks between t-storms. Here's tonight's recommendation. Jazz, of course. :wink:

1714169469855.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #149,353 of 150,789

Agree... but pure, fully grounded water is best carried in granite buckets. Or for the décor-driven, marble buckets. To save the joints and back, suggest an indoor stream. Or... even better, move your TT rig down by the river. As Neil Young advised. :ksc75smile:

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #149,354 of 150,789
Maple wood buckets align the molecules in the water for best cleaning. And it is essential for keeping any plankton out of the water, because this is the one place where plankton will diminish your plankton. :joy_cat:

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #149,355 of 150,789
Seriously I use distilled water and a high quality surfactant to help remove anything unwanted from the grooves. (Technically it is just one groove per side that goes round and round.😁)
Yeah, all good. But unless you either discard the solution frequently or filter it, the debris removed during the previous LP cleaning will be contained in the microscopic bubbles of cavitation and you'll have little dirt bubbles exploding all over the next LP you clean. This is causing my OCD to flare up, and it's all your fault. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back