Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 4, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #2,521 of 153,391
I understand the no sale specials. If my wife buys something from Macy on Mon. and it's on sale Tues for a cheaper price she goes ballistic.
But come on throw us a bone here at least black Fri sales

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2,522 of 153,391
  Jason, are you sure not being a little hard on Arglebargle?
I mean, I have their e2e-NLNHI even-number low-n harmonics injector and it works quite well. Although if Schiit made a competing product I'd definitely check it out...
Twinkle

I'm sorry, we don't speculate on possible perceived sonic differences, nor comment on products made by other manufacturers...LOL!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #2,523 of 153,391
  I understand the no sale specials. If my wife buys something from Macy on Mon. and it's on sale Tues for a cheaper price she goes ballistic.
But come on throw us a bone here at least black Fri sales

I think I will be closing our store next Black Friday, with a note saying:

REALLY PEOPLE? SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES! 

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #2,524 of 153,391
I think I will be closing our store next Black Friday, with a note saying:

REALLY PEOPLE? SPEND SOME TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES! 
nb4 "Y U NO CYBER MONDAY DEALS?!?"

Edit: I do love catching deals on stuff that I was going to buy anyway, but the whole holiday shopping season has gotten insane, and it's absolutely awful for the employees who have to man the stores on Black Friday weekends...
/soapbox

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #2,525 of 153,391
nb4 "Y U NO CYBER MONDAY DEALS?!?"

Edit: I do love catching deals on stuff that I was going to buy anyway, but the whole holiday shopping season has gotten insane, and it's absolutely awful for the employees who have to man the stores on Black Friday weekends...
/soapbox

Yep, maybe I'm getting too close to my "shaking the cane" phase, but the ever-building insanity around Black Friday and Cyber Monday are tiresome. Really, seriously, don't participate in these Pavlovian exercises, and we'll all be more sane for it.

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #2,526 of 153,391
  Really enjoyed the Tale of the B-Stocking A-hole !!

I personally try to live by the principle just espoused by Alex; that one should "treat others just as one wishes to be treated".  Unfortunately, that has led to me being arrested for kissing pretty female strangers on the teeming streets of Melbourne. Even more unfortunately, this has not yet led to my wish for pretty female strangers attempting to kiss me to come to fruition - though I am cautiously optimistic (and possibly slightly delusional). :'(

Different bait; they use looks by your criterion.  Try dangling Aussie dollars out of all your pockets...  sheila come hithers.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #2,527 of 153,391

They're doing their best, but it seems they have some kinks to work out. I'm sure they'll figure everything out in due time. Reading this blog is like a mini-MBA, huh?

I work in a small business (up to 18 employees now), and find Jason's stories incredibly refreshing to read.  We try to do things differently than all of our competitors, and our clients see it and appreciate it.  So much of what Jason has written has applied to us (this customer service story has got it to a T).

Yep, maybe I'm getting too close to my "shaking the cane" phase, but the ever-building insanity around Black Friday and Cyber Monday are tiresome. Really, seriously, don't participate in these Pavlovian exercises, and we'll all be more sane for it.

At least for you, the holiday rush is simply people buying for the holidays.  I just got my first 4 schiits (Wyrd, Sys, Modi, Magni), and it is nice not worrying about shopping around for the best price, or worrying about price fluctuations.

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #2,529 of 153,391

You obviously haven't met my family...

biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #2,531 of 153,391

You obviously haven't met my family...

LOL, yep...substitute "girlfriend, dog, bike, guns, audio..." or whatever you're into. Shopping, yech. Especially on those days. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #2,532 of 153,391
Black Friday just makes us 'mericans look bad. And those poor people that are working on Thansgiving now...does it ever end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #2,533 of 153,391
This series of chapters is simply amazing. I have a feeling some professor will find this forum/blog and use these stories in his/her business or entrepreneur class! The professor could call the class "Business Start Up In the New Millennium".  What a treat to read these stories right from the business owners and employees. This information HAS to be more valuable than taking some MBA classes.

BTW, I currently have four Schiit products and reading these stories wants me to purchase more products (that I don't even need) just to support a great company. I doubt this was Jason's intent when he started this, but reading all of this really does attract me more to the company.

Oh and someone needs permission from Schiit to make "I'm not the worst customer" t-shirts! Too funny.

Keep up the good work!

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #2,534 of 153,391
  I've been slightly afraid the "worst customer ever" might be me. I didn't know schiit about schiit last fall when I asked them to lend me a Lyr for this article. They did, it had some issues (partly related to the Lyr 1 being a poor match for very sensitive headphones, which I didn't know at the time), I bugged them with questions about this free loaner, and then wrote that I couldn't hear any differences between any amps and DACs, which I now know was partly the sensitive headphones and my small headphone sample set at the time. (I later bought myself an Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber and had much better results.)

Then I emailed them again two months ago asking if I could buy one of the first Ragnaroks for review (at full price, just possibly jumping the queue), which I realize now was both extremely poorly timed and comically out of touch given their workload and my site's relative insignificance.

I now regret both of those. I just assume that there HAS to be someone worse. I'm probably in the running for "one of the annoying ones" at worst, I hope (and not a pattern I intend to continue any further).

I don't think that's the case. There aren't a lot of non-forum reviews of Schiit's higher end products. I understand Jason at Schiit likes mac's and I feel like the chassis design is somewhat influenced by Apple's simplicity and elegance.

I think your connections via reviews, podcasts and discussing this stuff with other Apple enthusiasts can bring Schiit more customers because Apple enthusiasts appreciate nice, well designed things. To the average consumer Schiit gear is outrageously expensive, but your audience isn't the average consumer so I think it makes sense why the target market (you) wants to try it so badly. :)

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #2,535 of 153,391
Thanks for sharing Jason, that was one very interesting chapter to read and I find your approach and way of doing things very refreshing! Audio can be quite an angst ridden hobby, but I think you've guys found quite a nice way of simplifying things for your customers. And that sure was one customer that was rejected by hell itself... Again I have to really compliment you guys one how you handled it, I think I would have lost my marbles and would have been severely tempted to switch polarity on those big capacitors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back