Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 15, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #63,316 of 149,398
Proof that anyone can call themselves a reviewer these days.
IMO the kid has spent a little too much time worshipping at the feet of Michael Fremer.

Aug 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #63,318 of 149,398
I don't know, the Europa was pretty horrid...
No, no no! That was one of my favorites! And for some reason, I was involved in a competition that involved seeing how fast we could change the tyres on Jacky Icyx's racing Europa.
That's all I remember of that.

As a young man I lived in the North of England in an area that had drystone walls and narrow, curvy lanes. In our "racing" mode I was driving a van oneway, using all the road which was easy as one was high enough up to see across the walls and modify the line when a car approached. Until one day I came around a bend at high speed and faced a Europa. Fortunately, he was a better driver than I was and no harm ensued, other than a change of underwear.....

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #63,322 of 149,398
He's more like an intern, or apprentice.

Someone has to replace all us old grouchy men when we've passed. I'm currently grooming the cat to take my place!
Constanza already has my place. She can get really cranky when I play music outside of her then present mood.
That goes as far as climbing up the hardware stack and trying to outsing the music playing.
I should learn her to write and type so she can take over this forum personality.

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #63,323 of 149,398
He's more like an intern, or apprentice.

Someone has to replace all us old grouchy men when we've passed. I'm currently grooming the cat to take my place!
Maybe by the time we are all gone he'll be educated enough to write reviews.

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #63,324 of 149,398
Aug 15, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #63,325 of 149,398
That'interesting, you'd think public transportation would be pretty great, after all the taxes you pay...

In the NL, just to complete the rant I started a few pages ago, trains work pretty well. Thing is, like anything else, they cost an arm and a leg, so basically if you want to drive that's very expensive and if you decide to commute by train that's also pricey
At this point, I'm thinking either the government wants me to be oh so nature friendly and commute by bike or don't and throw money at them. Uhm...

Travelling between cities works great with busses and trains, but commuting to work might be difficult with public transportation - unless you live in capital city area or one of the other ”bigger” cities. In the countryside you pretty much need to own a car.

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #63,326 of 149,398
The reviewer isn’t even 15 years old yet. I’m going to give him a couple of more years to see how his style progresses.

From the Analog Planet website,
Malachi Lui is an AnalogPlanet contributing editor, music lover, record collector, and highly opinionated sneaker enthusiast. When he registers to vote in 3.5 years, he certainly won’t join the Birthday Party. Follow him on Twitter: @MalachiLui.)

Unless he's an adult and will become a citizen in 3.5 years, or a convicted felon and lives in a state where voting rights are restored after a set period of time....

Aug 15, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #63,327 of 149,398
Manual or auto?

The C8 only comes with a semiautomatic dual clutch transmission right now. No idea if they will ever put a traditional manual gearbox in it, though if the new Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 can have an H-pattern 6-speed manual, then there's really no reason why everyone else can't either.

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #63,329 of 149,398
@Rensek
on another note, I was thinking if Alison Krauss and Steely Dan did any sort of combined work. there is an Alison Krauss & Robert Plant collaboration, Raising Sand or something like that. now where is that Donald Fagan Nightfly cd ? :thinking:
Raising Sand is a great collaboration. Top notch in all aspects.

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #63,330 of 149,398
The C8 only comes with a semiautomatic dual clutch transmission right now. No idea if they will ever put a traditional manual gearbox in it, though if the new Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 can have an H-pattern 6-speed manual, then there's really no reason why everyone else can't either.
C8 will never have a 3 pedal manual. Both my wife and I have acquaintances on the engineering team and we were lucky enough to have driven pre-production cars at the Milford Proving Grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back