Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 15, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #63,331 of 151,037
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #63,332 of 151,037
A rather nice looking pile of Schiit. I do wish my Vidar was black. Not pictured, Eitr next to my computer. Magnius will be here later today to replace the Magni Heresy, then once the balanced cables show up, I should be done buying things for a while.

I do need to figure out a better cable management system. Any suggestions? I need switches accessible, because I use them to turn my system on and off.

I made my own.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #63,333 of 151,037
The C8 only comes with a semiautomatic dual clutch transmission right now. No idea if they will ever put a traditional manual gearbox in it, though if the new Gordon Murray Automotive T.50 can have an H-pattern 6-speed manual, then there's really no reason why everyone else can't either.
Chevy have stated that it will not. The DCT is specific to the C8.

Aug 15, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #63,334 of 151,037
He looks like a "kid" to me.

Am I the only one who thinks it's irresponsible to let a 15 year old write for Stereophile? A kid having a youtoob channel is one thing, giving voice to someone with little to no experience on Stereophile is something else. Many manufacturers rely on professional reviews to sell their gear and not everyone is going to scroll to the bottom to find out the writer is a kid in order get some context.

BTW, the pendulum can swing both ways. If someone reads a positive review of some equipment and finds the reviewer is a teenager they might disregard the review. If someone reads a negative review without noticing who the writer is then the damage might already be done.

If they're going to continue to let him post, they should mention at the top of the page that he's a teenager, not just a little postscript at the bottom. Just my two cents.

Interesting that Fremer is going to review Sol.

EDIT: It was pointed out, correctly, a few posts after this that the review in question was posted on Analog Planet and not Stereophile. However, as Stereophile and Analog Planet are both under the AVTech Media umbrella and the sites are hyperlinked together, I stand by my thoughts.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #63,335 of 151,037
Aug 15, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #63,337 of 151,037
Aug 15, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #63,338 of 151,037
Maybe you should quit hanging out in middle school cafeterias. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 15, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #63,341 of 151,037
I never heard any audio gear as good as Schiit when I was 14. I think I had a piece of crap Sharp CD / dual cassette / tuner combo unit at that age.
it was a digital tuner though:o2smile:

At 14, I had a Heathkit "portable" record player. The one below is like the one my sister had, but mine was way, way better -- it was stereo, had detachable speakers with high quality masonite cabinets, and most importantly, it was purple! I assembled it myself without harming any animals or burning the house down, so pride of ownership was quite high. :grinning: :grinning:

Edit: It's a bit of a downer when stuff you had as a kid is now considered a museum piece. :tired_face::tired_face:

1597527072028.png

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #63,342 of 151,037
Am I the only one who thinks it's irresponsible to let a 15 year old write for Stereophile? A kid having a youtoob channel is one thing, giving voice to someone with little to no experience on Stereophile is something else. Many manufacturers rely on professional reviews to sell their gear and not everyone is going to scroll to the bottom to find out the writer is a kid in order get some context.

BTW, the pendulum can swing both ways. If someone reads a positive review of some equipment and finds the reviewer is a teenager they might disregard the review. If someone reads a negative review without noticing who the writer is then the damage might already be done.

If they're going to continue to let him post, they should mention at the top of the page that he's a teenager, not just a little postscript at the bottom. Just my two cents.

Interesting that Fremer is going to review Sol.
So should they also warn readers when someone over the age of 65 writes for Stereophile because they may have had hearing loss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back