1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. geniekid
    How about Convergence Filter?

Jason Stoddard likes this.
  2. RickB
    "Authentibit" for authentic multibit.

(runs away)

3. NoahFence
    Jason,
    I really appreciated this chapter, not because it is about trademarks and marketing, but because it pulls together summaries of your amp topologies and multibit DACs in one place. I have read your other chapters on these individual subjects, having the summary in one chapter is very helpful. The addendum on the mega-combo-megabrrito filters and differences in the four multibit DACs completed the summary for me.

Even though I am not an electrical engineer I do appreciate your creative work on amplifier topology and anxiously await the release of Aegir into the wild. Although I hoped for it in January, do take the time to "get it right the first release", as I am not going to wait for the second or third production run to buy it!
    NF

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    ScOgLiO, zztopps, RCBinTN and 6 others like this.
  4. Ripper2860
    @Jason Stoddard -- How about 'HD Multibit' or "Multibit HD" where HD stands for high depth?

**PM me and I'll tell you where you can ship my Gumby. :D

5. PioBeer
    How about "Big Multibit"? Then it could be the Schiit BM....OK, I'll leave now...lol

6. prof.utonium
    Nice.....

7. Mike-WI
    What is the purpose of a patent then?

It sounds like there is protection, unless you mean there is not pragmatic protection for a smaller company based on lack of enforcement by the USPTO.

(bold added)
    https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/general-information-concerning-patents
    "The right conferred by the patent grant is, in the language of the statute and of the grant itself, “the right to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, or selling” the invention in the United States or “importing” the invention into the United States. What is granted is not the right to make, use, offer for sale, sell or import, but the right to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, selling or importing the invention. Once a patent is issued, the patentee must enforce the patent without aid of the USPTO."

I'm not a patent attorney or anything, but I hear a bit about it from my neighbor who is a patent attorney for a multi-national company.

8. senorx12562
    The costs of enforcement are prohibitive, while in the meantime you have disclosed all of your tech to the world at large in the course of obtaining the patent in the first place, not to mention the costs associated with the latter process, which are stupid-level.

9. JohnnyCanuck
    and it only takes a ridiculously small alteration to circumvent the patent

JC

10. jmimac351
    I don't own any of your products. I started looking at your junk because I'm in the market for a DAC for 2 channel. The difference in your DAC tech is very important to point out as there is a hot mess of DAC marketing to sort thru that is full of fancy claims & names. The info on your site about what "Multibit" is doing, and why you probably want it, is very important. That differentiator needs to be POUNDED to separate from the pack. I like the SingularCombo words for this stuff. TrueBit, RealBit, MusicBit... all of those seem to flow into the discussion of what It is, what It's providing, how It's different / better than "the other guy", etc.

And then there's RealSchiitBit, TrueSchiitBit, TheRealSchiitBit... but that might be close to jumping the Schaark.

US Blues likes this.
  11. mp29k
    What DAC do you have now? I had never heard a MultiBit one, not really any high end DAC period, and just took delivery on a BiFrost Multibit Monday. It is an absolute revelation. Considering how good this sounds (through all inputs), I can’t fathom how good Gumby and Yggy must sound.

earnmyturns, RCBinTN and Timster like this.
  12. KoshNaranek
    I would like to place my vote for Baldr filter as well. It would be poetic.

RCBinTN and ludvigrollover like this.
  13. wabe
  14. valiant66
    I think TrueMultibit™ says what needs to be said and is easily registered.

EDIT or, of course, TruMultibit if you want to be a heathen... :wink:

RCBinTN, US Blues and Jason Stoddard like this.
  15. rdaneel
    We shouldn't be top hard on Mike. After all, if the USB Forum were the ones to name it, we would have UBurrito 3, Deluxe UBurrito 3.1, UBurrito 3.2 Gen 1, UBurrito 3.2 Grande, and Double Layer UBurrito 3.2 Gen 2 with Sour Cream - all to do pretty much the same thing.

Jason Stoddard likes this.