1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. garbulky
    When I read "unison USB", I assume it's some sort of uniting interface that can handle any kind of USB.

StefanJK likes this.
  2. ev13wt
    I can see "Multibit" being coated with some lube for some time now, yes.

The multibit: "Multibit". It's yours anyhow and it's all over google and the forums.
    The filter: "Mikes ultimate Filter."

3. rdaneel
    Yeah, its the worst system, except for all the others. How you encourage innovation but also protect inventors is a tough question. People do get patents because they can be incredibly valuable. Nelson Pass, I believe, has a bunch of patented amp designs that he uses exclusively. Larger companies amass patent portfolios to protect their operations (the "if you sue me, I sue you" strategy is highly effective). It's a whole ecosystem that moves money around but doesn't offer a whole lot of value.

4. winders
    You mean Apple, of course......

golfbravobravo likes this.
  5. Derrick Swart
    Yes! Money rules and thank god THEN there is common sense!!!

6. Derrick Swart
    I was thinking poetic too:
    BaldrMultiBit
    Mike’s Burrito

Make it personal

Rensek and KoshNaranek like this.
  7. wout31
    I read Uni(que) Son (French for sound), so to me it is unique for sound. Unique can be unique like in solely, but also superb or extraordinary.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    RCBinTN likes this.
  8. rkw
    Uh, if you look around you'll see that it's very common. Starting just with company names in the Dow Jones Average : Apple, Caterpillar, Visa. Trademark simply prevents somebody else from using the same name for their company or product.

9. Jones Bob
    MagicBit with SizzleSauce.

ScubaMan2017, ev13wt and JohnnyCanuck like this.
  10. Oveja Negra
    After some many fellas here mentioning the Burrito Filter and seeing that pretty much everyone associate it with the mexican dish, I'm wondering if you're aware that for most spanish speakers, the most common translation of Burrito is Little Donkey

[​IMG]

:D

HK_sends, barondla and gljus like this.
  11. CAPT Deadpool
    I say keep the SuperComboBurrito Filter.

I don't want to have to change my Profile Picture.

It wasn't easy to find a photo of a cat in Deadpool costume looking at a burrito after all.

motberg, ScubaMan2017, Rensek and 3 others like this.
  12. jmarcusg
    Rarebit - "Experience speed and reproduction like never before!" Buy now! Stocks are dwindling fast. As we all know, "Hare today, gone tomorrow"

13. CAPT Deadpool
    MoBetterMultibits!

14. golfbravobravo
    I assume you are jerking my chain here.........

15. winders
    Not at all. Apple Computer with the Lisa and Macintosh are what brought the use of the words "window" and "windows" into general use in computer vernacular. Microsoft followed on afterwards with Windows. I know as I was there right in the heart of it.

r0dd3r5, AudioGal, RCBinTN and 2 others like this.