1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. knmorgan
    Is there any word of Schiit revising the Asgard similar to the new Lyr and Jotunheim? I very nearly pulled the trigger on the Jotunheim until I discovered it doesn't switch outputs like most of their other amps. I considered the new Lyr as well, but I'd really prefer something that can be left on. I saw a revision to the Asgard teased in a recent(ish) post by Jason, and their support staff said something like the above would potentially come out later this year, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete on this.

thebmc likes this.
  2. jmimac351
    I can't believe you just offered to provide expert legal counsel on a pro bono basis to help keep prices down for the rest of us. Amazing!

3. RCBinTN
    audio philestine and dieslemat like this.
  4. golfbravobravo
    If you say so. I'll just go back to having done this stuff for almost 30 years and consider my navel.

5. golfbravobravo
    Not CAN be, it IS. By definition. Also by territory.

Ableza likes this.
  6. garbulky
    I think the burrito filter is a great trademark. I have no clue what it means or how filters work, but it makes me stop and think. The point of these trademarks are for people to pay attention to boring technology. Call your trademarks silly stuff like your names, get people thinking about clocks, multibit dacs, filters, and output stages!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    thebmc, Robert Padgett and Juan_R like this.
  7. dieslemat
    Accirding to the article, Aegir will be tentatively ready on the 3rd week of march.
    Cant wait!!

EELawson likes this.
  8. JamminVMI
    One letter away from a sleep aid, right? (Implies that it’s vewwy vewwy qwiet.) Apologies. Just funnin’.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    garbulky likes this.
  9. garbulky
    There is one ....starts with an E and are known for power amps. Though they don't go quite in to the depth of where all the individual source materials are coming from.

10. FrivolsListener
    The problem with Baldr is that I'm balder, and it's not an attractive look. Just sayin'.

US Blues likes this.
  11. FrivolsListener
    You misspelled Xerox. HTH.

gljus and Jheal like this.
  12. Ableza
    Patents are like condoms. They provide excellent protection when employed and observed properly, and it can be quite expensive to recover damages and to pay for damages when they are violated.

13. Amy D
    Hey you guys!!!
    B-stock has been updated!!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  14. GumbyDammit223
    Question for the Collective:
    Been running a Bifrost & Valhalla 2 combo for the past couple of years with no complaints. Over the past few months though, I've noticed the V2's volume control feels a little rough at my normal listening position of ~10 o'clock. In the past, I've been able to clean it up by rotating the knob from max to min a few times. Lately though, it hasn't helped as much. I really can't say if the issue is worse when it's hot. It doesn't introduce any noise into the output (yet). What are people's thoughts on using something like DeoxIT on the pot?

15. Robert Padgett

And just after I bought my Valhalla 2.
    Oh, well.
    I am loving the V2 and it is great.

RCBinTN, thebmc, Rensek and 1 other person like this.