1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. grapefarmer
    Instead of anything multibit, I would suggest just "Schiitbit" DACs. And I really like the Baldr filter.

tjc303 and KoshNaranek like this.
  2. rlow
    - True Multibit
    - PerfectSync Filter

mp29k likes this.
  3. geniekid
    Geniekid-the-consumer turned his head when I read "True Multibit".

I liked Unity Filter, but confused it with Unison USB for 1/10th of a second.

audio philestine likes this.
  4. Rensek
    Does the 1917 paper that Mike based his filter on have a title? Name it after that.

You are just a marketing company after all. It will surely enrage your haters to name it after something thats math based, sciency and technical.

5. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    Wow, you guys stumbled upon a real treasure here....

US Blues, KoshNaranek and Juan_R like this.
  6. mp29k
    I can never tell if you’re being sarcastic or serious. :laughing:

7. HumanFly
    You will...eventually you will.

8. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I'm not smart enough to be sarcastic nor intelligent enough to be cynical. I think...

9. sam6550a
    Call it what it really is---Musical Buttito Filter, Schiit Musical filter, or some variation that expresses the musical reproduction characteristics of the complex filter.

10. ProfFalkin

I sure hope you guys are filling patents on this Schiit too. A ™ only affords so much protection.

11. ashirin
    Personally, I also like Burrito Filter. I understand that the current name is too long, informal, and confusing... but I’ve been calling it that forever so it would feel sad to have to call it by a completely different name after all this time. Keeping burrito in the title is a nice reference for the long time Schiitheads. Also I don’t like any of the proposed names.

As for Multibit, I’m not a fan of True Multibit, for some reason. Sounds a bit tryhard, even though it’s a totally fair name. I’m having trouble coming up with something better though. I think the most important aspect to convey is that the bits are real or tangible, as opposed to simulated or imitated. I don’t know why, but I kind of like Tangibit.

Rensek likes this.
  12. rkw
  13. yonson
    DOH, being a 2 channel guy exclusively I've never heard of them...

14. Jason Stoddard
    Doubtful. See where our ™ is located? We're not claiming "Unison," we're claiming "Unison USB." And if I'm wrong, we change the name. No huge deal. It's not like we're going to try to license it to everyone or anything. I just wanted a name that wasn't impersonal like "Gen 7" or "208SUX" or "TE9871."

Patents actually afford zero protection, while showing exactly what you're doing to everyone. Add a large legal budget and a team of lawyers and lots of time, and sure, you can protect your patent by suing infringers into submission, but that's not a viable business model for us. I doubt if you'd like to see $500 Modis and $5000 Vidars. (And we wouldn't last long making them.)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
    linuxjacques, motberg, Baldr and 4 others like this.
  15. RCBinTN
    Hang around ... you'll come to love Pietro like we all do. He's the perfect blend of old-school Italian and new-wave Dutch.
    Sublime, in my mind. Ask him a question :)